XP Stuck on Diagnostic Setup

I ran my XP on diagnostic setup so it won't freeze on me all the time, but
now it wont get back to normal, no matter how many times i've restart, its
still on the basic devices, i cant see any in my device hardware. I've no
network and no sound. Ive tried, and clicked and restarted..still cant have
it on the normal mode. PLease help.

Try tapping the F8 key on restart,or on starting up computer,at the
menu screen select,start windows in normal start-up.

"La Nymph" wrote:

> I ran my XP on diagnostic setup so it won't freeze on me all the time, but
> now it wont get back to normal, no matter how many times i've restart, its
> still on the basic devices, i cant see any in my device hardware. I've no
> network and no sound. Ive tried, and clicked and restarted..still cant have
> it on the normal mode. PLease help.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:2FB77D35-212A-4C16-B3FE-BF505123EECC@microsoft.com,
La Nymph <La Nymph@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I ran my XP on diagnostic setup so it won't freeze on me all the
> time, but now it wont get back to normal, no matter how many times
> i've restart, its still on the basic devices, i cant see any in my
> device hardware. I've no network and no sound. Ive tried, and clicked
> and restarted..still cant have it on the normal mode. PLease help.

In addition to the other advice...

Start.
Run.
Type "msconfig" without the quotes.
Hit Enter.
Put tick in the box that says normal startup.

Galen