turn off alerts "document sent to printer"

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

When sending a document to the printer, an alert pops up near the taskbar
clock notifying that the document was sent to a specific printer. How do I
turn that off? I've searched all the printer preferences and cannot find
alert settings. Is this issue printer dependent? Maybe not, I get the same
alert when sending to different network printers including adobe distiller.
HELP!! this alert is very annoying.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Print Job Notifications

Start | Run | Type: control printers | OK |
File | Server Properties | Advanced tab |
UNCheck:
? Show informational notifications for local printers
[[Displays the status of print jobs in a pop-up window, when printing to
a stand-alone network printer or to a printer attached directly to your
computer. This pop-up window appears near the notification area of the
user who sent the print job.]]

? Show informational notifications for network printers
[[Displays the status of print jobs in a pop-up window, when printing to
a printer that is attached to another computer. This pop-up window
appears near the notification area of the user who sent the print job.]]

Apply | OK

How To Enable or Disable Print Job Notifications in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308217

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:B98A52FE-D924-47EA-AE91-6B3B65819EB7@microsoft.com,
Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> When sending a document to the printer, an alert pops up near the taskbar
> clock notifying that the document was sent to a specific printer. How do I
> turn that off? I've searched all the printer preferences and cannot find
> alert settings. Is this issue printer dependent? Maybe not, I get the same
> alert when sending to different network printers including adobe
> distiller. HELP!! this alert is very annoying.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tom

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Wesley,
Thank you for posting this note, I have set this up many times and then
forgot how to do it when I worked on the latest machine, now I can put it
right. Notification is very useful when priting to a remote network printer
that someone may have turned off or left out of paper,!
Richard

> Print Job Notifications
>
> Start | Run | Type: control printers | OK |
> File | Server Properties | Advanced tab |
> UNCheck:
> ? Show informational notifications for local printers
> [[Displays the status of print jobs in a pop-up window, when printing to
> a stand-alone network printer or to a printer attached directly to your
> computer. This pop-up window appears near the notification area of the
> user who sent the print job.]]
>
> ? Show informational notifications for network printers
> [[Displays the status of print jobs in a pop-up window, when printing to
> a printer that is attached to another computer. This pop-up window
> appears near the notification area of the user who sent the print job.]]
>
> Apply | OK
>
> How To Enable or Disable Print Job Notifications in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308217
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:B98A52FE-D924-47EA-AE91-6B3B65819EB7@microsoft.com,
> Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>> When sending a document to the printer, an alert pops up near the taskbar
>> clock notifying that the document was sent to a specific printer. How do
>> turn that off? I've searched all the printer preferences and cannot find
>> alert settings. Is this issue printer dependent? Maybe not, I get the
>> same
>> alert when sending to different network printers including adobe
>> distiller. HELP!! this alert is very annoying.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Tom

Richard,

I know what you mean. Keep having fun. :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:d3rkf7$6cp$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk,
Richard <no-one.here@nospam.uk> hunted and pecked:
> Wesley,
> Thank you for posting this note, I have set this up many times and then
> forgot how to do it when I worked on the latest machine, now I can put it
> right. Notification is very useful when priting to a remote network
> printer that someone may have turned off or left out of paper,!
> Richard

>> Print Job Notifications
>>
>> Start | Run | Type: control printers | OK |
>> File | Server Properties | Advanced tab |
>> UNCheck:
>> ? Show informational notifications for local printers
>> [[Displays the status of print jobs in a pop-up window, when printing to
>> a stand-alone network printer or to a printer attached directly to your
>> computer. This pop-up window appears near the notification area of the
>> user who sent the print job.]]
>>
>> ? Show informational notifications for network printers
>> [[Displays the status of print jobs in a pop-up window, when printing to
>> a printer that is attached to another computer. This pop-up window
>> appears near the notification area of the user who sent the print job.]]
>>
>> Apply | OK
>>
>> How To Enable or Disable Print Job Notifications in Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308217
>>

>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:B98A52FE-D924-47EA-AE91-6B3B65819EB7@microsoft.com,
>> Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> When sending a document to the printer, an alert pops up near the
>>> taskbar clock notifying that the document was sent to a specific
>>> printer. How do I
>>> turn that off? I've searched all the printer preferences and cannot find
>>> alert settings. Is this issue printer dependent? Maybe not, I get the
>>> same
>>> alert when sending to different network printers including adobe
>>> distiller. HELP!! this alert is very annoying.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Tom

Andrew

Wesley, you seem to know what you're doing. I need help! My "printer
preferences" have automatically installed in FRENCH and I don't know how to
change them into ENGLISH. Can you advise?

"Richard" wrote:

> Wesley,
> Thank you for posting this note, I have set this up many times and then
> forgot how to do it when I worked on the latest machine, now I can put it
> right. Notification is very useful when priting to a remote network printer
> that someone may have turned off or left out of paper,!
> Richard

> > Print Job Notifications
> >
> > Start | Run | Type: control printers | OK |
> > File | Server Properties | Advanced tab |
> > UNCheck:
> > Â? Show informational notifications for local printers
> > [[Displays the status of print jobs in a pop-up window, when printing to
> > a stand-alone network printer or to a printer attached directly to your
> > computer. This pop-up window appears near the notification area of the
> > user who sent the print job.]]
> >
> > Â? Show informational notifications for network printers
> > [[Displays the status of print jobs in a pop-up window, when printing to
> > a printer that is attached to another computer. This pop-up window
> > appears near the notification area of the user who sent the print job.]]
> >
> > Apply | OK
> >
> > How To Enable or Disable Print Job Notifications in Windows XP
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308217
> >

> > --
> > Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >
> > Wes
> > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >
> > In news:B98A52FE-D924-47EA-AE91-6B3B65819EB7@microsoft.com,
> > Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> >> When sending a document to the printer, an alert pops up near the taskbar
> >> clock notifying that the document was sent to a specific printer. How do
> >> turn that off? I've searched all the printer preferences and cannot find
> >> alert settings. Is this issue printer dependent? Maybe not, I get the
> >> same
> >> alert when sending to different network printers including adobe
> >> distiller. HELP!! this alert is very annoying.
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance,
> >>
> >> Tom

BB77

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011

Print Job Notifications

Start | Run | Type: control printers | OK |
File | Server Properties | Advanced tab |
UNCheck:
? Show informational notifications for local printers
[[Displays the status of print jobs in a pop-up window, when printing to
a stand-alone network printer or to a printer attached directly to your
computer. This pop-up window appears near the notification area of the
user who sent the print job.]]

? Show informational notifications for network printers
[[Displays the status of print jobs in a pop-up window, when printing to
a printer that is attached to another computer. This pop-up window
appears near the notification area of the user who sent the print job.]]

Apply | OK

How To Enable or Disable Print Job Notifications in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308217

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:B98A52FE-D924-47EA-AE91-6B3B65819EB7@microsoft.com,
Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> When sending a document to the printer, an alert pops up near the taskbar
> clock notifying that the document was sent to a specific printer. How do I
> turn that off? I've searched all the printer preferences and cannot find
> alert settings. Is this issue printer dependent? Maybe not, I get the same
> alert when sending to different network printers including adobe
> distiller. HELP!! this alert is very annoying.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tom

When icon pops up you'll see a settings tab at the bottom. Click that and
then uncheck the enable button or other configuration.

BB77