turn off alerts "document sent to printer"

When sending a document to the printer, an alert pops up near the taskbar
clock notifying that the document was sent to a specific printer. How do I
turn that off? I've searched all the printer preferences and cannot find
alert settings. Is this issue printer dependent? Maybe not, I get the same
alert when sending to different network printers including adobe distiller.
HELP!! this alert is very annoying.

Thanks in advance,

Tom
5 answers Last reply
More about turn alerts document printer

    Print Job Notifications

    Start | Run | Type: control printers | OK |
    File | Server Properties | Advanced tab |
    UNCheck:
    ? Show informational notifications for local printers
    [[Displays the status of print jobs in a pop-up window, when printing to
    a stand-alone network printer or to a printer attached directly to your
    computer. This pop-up window appears near the notification area of the
    user who sent the print job.]]

    ? Show informational notifications for network printers
    [[Displays the status of print jobs in a pop-up window, when printing to
    a printer that is attached to another computer. This pop-up window
    appears near the notification area of the user who sent the print job.]]

    Apply | OK

    How To Enable or Disable Print Job Notifications in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308217

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:B98A52FE-D924-47EA-AE91-6B3B65819EB7@microsoft.com,
    Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > When sending a document to the printer, an alert pops up near the taskbar
    > clock notifying that the document was sent to a specific printer. How do I
    > turn that off? I've searched all the printer preferences and cannot find
    > alert settings. Is this issue printer dependent? Maybe not, I get the same
    > alert when sending to different network printers including adobe
    > distiller. HELP!! this alert is very annoying.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Tom

    Wesley,
    Thank you for posting this note, I have set this up many times and then
    forgot how to do it when I worked on the latest machine, now I can put it
    right. Notification is very useful when priting to a remote network printer
    that someone may have turned off or left out of paper,!
    Richard

    > Print Job Notifications
    >
    > Start | Run | Type: control printers | OK |
    > File | Server Properties | Advanced tab |
    > UNCheck:
    > ? Show informational notifications for local printers
    > [[Displays the status of print jobs in a pop-up window, when printing to
    > a stand-alone network printer or to a printer attached directly to your
    > computer. This pop-up window appears near the notification area of the
    > user who sent the print job.]]
    >
    > ? Show informational notifications for network printers
    > [[Displays the status of print jobs in a pop-up window, when printing to
    > a printer that is attached to another computer. This pop-up window
    > appears near the notification area of the user who sent the print job.]]
    >
    > Apply | OK
    >
    > How To Enable or Disable Print Job Notifications in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308217
    >

    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:B98A52FE-D924-47EA-AE91-6B3B65819EB7@microsoft.com,
    > Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> When sending a document to the printer, an alert pops up near the taskbar
    >> clock notifying that the document was sent to a specific printer. How do
    >> turn that off? I've searched all the printer preferences and cannot find
    >> alert settings. Is this issue printer dependent? Maybe not, I get the
    >> same
    >> alert when sending to different network printers including adobe
    >> distiller. HELP!! this alert is very annoying.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance,
    >>
    >> Tom

    Richard,

    I know what you mean. Keep having fun. :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:d3rkf7$6cp$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk,
    Richard <no-one.here@nospam.uk> hunted and pecked:
    > Wesley,
    > Thank you for posting this note, I have set this up many times and then
    > forgot how to do it when I worked on the latest machine, now I can put it
    > right. Notification is very useful when priting to a remote network
    > printer that someone may have turned off or left out of paper,!
    > Richard

    >> Print Job Notifications
    >>
    >> Start | Run | Type: control printers | OK |
    >> File | Server Properties | Advanced tab |
    >> UNCheck:
    >> ? Show informational notifications for local printers
    >> [[Displays the status of print jobs in a pop-up window, when printing to
    >> a stand-alone network printer or to a printer attached directly to your
    >> computer. This pop-up window appears near the notification area of the
    >> user who sent the print job.]]
    >>
    >> ? Show informational notifications for network printers
    >> [[Displays the status of print jobs in a pop-up window, when printing to
    >> a printer that is attached to another computer. This pop-up window
    >> appears near the notification area of the user who sent the print job.]]
    >>
    >> Apply | OK
    >>
    >> How To Enable or Disable Print Job Notifications in Windows XP
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308217
    >>

    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:B98A52FE-D924-47EA-AE91-6B3B65819EB7@microsoft.com,
    >> Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> When sending a document to the printer, an alert pops up near the
    >>> taskbar clock notifying that the document was sent to a specific
    >>> printer. How do I
    >>> turn that off? I've searched all the printer preferences and cannot find
    >>> alert settings. Is this issue printer dependent? Maybe not, I get the
    >>> same
    >>> alert when sending to different network printers including adobe
    >>> distiller. HELP!! this alert is very annoying.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance,
    >>>
    >>> Tom

    Wesley, you seem to know what you're doing. I need help! My "printer
    preferences" have automatically installed in FRENCH and I don't know how to
    change them into ENGLISH. Can you advise?

    "Richard" wrote:

    > Wesley,
    > Thank you for posting this note, I have set this up many times and then
    > forgot how to do it when I worked on the latest machine, now I can put it
    > right. Notification is very useful when priting to a remote network printer
    > that someone may have turned off or left out of paper,!
    > Richard

    > > Print Job Notifications
    > >
    > > Start | Run | Type: control printers | OK |
    > > File | Server Properties | Advanced tab |
    > > UNCheck:
    > > Â? Show informational notifications for local printers
    > > [[Displays the status of print jobs in a pop-up window, when printing to
    > > a stand-alone network printer or to a printer attached directly to your
    > > computer. This pop-up window appears near the notification area of the
    > > user who sent the print job.]]
    > >
    > > Â? Show informational notifications for network printers
    > > [[Displays the status of print jobs in a pop-up window, when printing to
    > > a printer that is attached to another computer. This pop-up window
    > > appears near the notification area of the user who sent the print job.]]
    > >
    > > Apply | OK
    > >
    > > How To Enable or Disable Print Job Notifications in Windows XP
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308217
    > >

    > > --
    > > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > >
    > > Wes
    > > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > >
    > > In news:B98A52FE-D924-47EA-AE91-6B3B65819EB7@microsoft.com,
    > > Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > >> When sending a document to the printer, an alert pops up near the taskbar
    > >> clock notifying that the document was sent to a specific printer. How do
    > >> turn that off? I've searched all the printer preferences and cannot find
    > >> alert settings. Is this issue printer dependent? Maybe not, I get the
    > >> same
    > >> alert when sending to different network printers including adobe
    > >> distiller. HELP!! this alert is very annoying.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks in advance,
    > >>
    > >> Tom

  5. Quote:

    Print Job Notifications

    Start | Run | Type: control printers | OK |
    File | Server Properties | Advanced tab |
    UNCheck:
    ? Show informational notifications for local printers
    [[Displays the status of print jobs in a pop-up window, when printing to
    a stand-alone network printer or to a printer attached directly to your
    computer. This pop-up window appears near the notification area of the
    user who sent the print job.]]

    ? Show informational notifications for network printers
    [[Displays the status of print jobs in a pop-up window, when printing to
    a printer that is attached to another computer. This pop-up window
    appears near the notification area of the user who sent the print job.]]

    Apply | OK

    How To Enable or Disable Print Job Notifications in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308217

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:B98A52FE-D924-47EA-AE91-6B3B65819EB7@microsoft.com,
    Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > When sending a document to the printer, an alert pops up near the taskbar
    > clock notifying that the document was sent to a specific printer. How do I
    > turn that off? I've searched all the printer preferences and cannot find
    > alert settings. Is this issue printer dependent? Maybe not, I get the same
    > alert when sending to different network printers including adobe
    > distiller. HELP!! this alert is very annoying.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Tom

    When icon pops up you'll see a settings tab at the bottom. Click that and
    then uncheck the enable button or other configuration.

    BB77

Document Microsoft Printers Windows XP