Laptop battery problem

Hi there,

I've not used my laptop battery about 4 months, Now today when i try to use
it's not charging at all, do i need to do anything, I've been my laptop
about 3 years with this battery, but i don't use battery

Any advice please

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about laptop battery problem

    "Ganesh" <gsganesh@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I've not used my laptop battery about 4 months, Now today when i try to
    > use it's not charging at all, do i need to do anything, I've been my
    > laptop about 3 years with this battery, but i don't use battery
    >
    > Any advice please
    >
    > Thanks

    Time for a new battery more like than not.

    Lithium ion batteries by nature begin to degrade as soon as they are
    manufactured and have a limited life regardless of whether they are used or
    not. Three years is an average lifespan for a laptop battery.

    Some good information @ http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    The other poster is right. Lithium ion batteries are a "use it or lose it"
    product.

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I've not used my laptop battery about 4 months, Now today when i try to
    use
    > it's not charging at all, do i need to do anything, I've been my laptop
    > about 3 years with this battery, but i don't use battery
    >
    > Any advice please
    >
    > Thanks

    "Ganesh" <gsganesh@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I've not used my laptop battery about 4 months, Now today when i try to
    > use it's not charging at all, do i need to do anything, I've been my
    > laptop about 3 years with this battery, but i don't use battery
    >
    > Any advice please
    >
    > Thanks
    I have seen certain models of Compaq do exactly as you describe, and what
    they require is for the user to enter the BIOS and do a "recalibrate
    Battery". This forces the machine to fully discharge the battery and then
    recharge. In this process it seems to 'turn on' the charging circuit.

    See if that helps

    Ron

Laptop Battery Microsoft Windows XP