Laptop battery problem

April 16, 2005 12:19:59 AM

Hi there,

I've not used my laptop battery about 4 months, Now today when i try to use
it's not charging at all, do i need to do anything, I've been my laptop
about 3 years with this battery, but i don't use battery

Any advice please

Thanks

More about : laptop battery problem

Anonymous
April 16, 2005 12:20:00 AM

"Ganesh" <gsganesh@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I've not used my laptop battery about 4 months, Now today when i try to
> use it's not charging at all, do i need to do anything, I've been my
> laptop about 3 years with this battery, but i don't use battery
>
> Any advice please
>
> Thanks

Time for a new battery more like than not.

Lithium ion batteries by nature begin to degrade as soon as they are
manufactured and have a limited life regardless of whether they are used or
not. Three years is an average lifespan for a laptop battery.

Some good information @ http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 12:20:00 AM

The other poster is right. Lithium ion batteries are a "use it or lose it"
product.

> Hi there,
>
> I've not used my laptop battery about 4 months, Now today when i try to
use
> it's not charging at all, do i need to do anything, I've been my laptop
> about 3 years with this battery, but i don't use battery
>
> Any advice please
>
> Thanks

April 16, 2005 6:59:32 PM

"Ganesh" <gsganesh@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I've not used my laptop battery about 4 months, Now today when i try to
> use it's not charging at all, do i need to do anything, I've been my
> laptop about 3 years with this battery, but i don't use battery
>
> Any advice please
>
> Thanks
I have seen certain models of Compaq do exactly as you describe, and what
they require is for the user to enter the BIOS and do a "recalibrate
Battery". This forces the machine to fully discharge the battery and then
recharge. In this process it seems to 'turn on' the charging circuit.

See if that helps

Ron
!