Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

WiFi Access??

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 8:23:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Who provides the best and largest selection for WiFi access? I'm mostly in
the New York area (City and Also Rockland county)

More about : wifi access

Anonymous
June 25, 2004 2:55:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"Josh Grameson" <moon248@borderlessgroup.com> wrote in
news:_MNCc.7300923$iA2.826860@news.easynews.com:

> Who provides the best and largest selection for WiFi access? I'm
> mostly in the New York area (City and Also Rockland county)
>
>

Starbucks. Works great!
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 6:35:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

> > Who provides the best and largest selection for WiFi access? I'm
> > mostly in the New York area (City and Also Rockland county)

> Starbucks. Works great!

Which is T-Mobile, if I remember correctly.
------------------------------------------------------------
reply address bot resistant and human safe
------------------------------------------------------------
Related resources
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 6:35:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"SmartyPants" <schmartypantz@(remove_this)yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:NKWCc.11$4h7.57245@twister.nyc.rr.com...
> > > Who provides the best and largest selection for WiFi access? I'm
> > > mostly in the New York area (City and Also Rockland county)
>
> > Starbucks. Works great!
>
> Which is T-Mobile, if I remember correctly.
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> reply address bot resistant and human safe
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
While T-Mobile is associated with them, they had nothing to do with
implementing them. Anyone with wifi, no matter what carrier they use, can
use the starbucks hotspots.
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 8:24:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"Josh Grameson" <moon248@borderlessgroup.com> wrote in message
news:_MNCc.7300923$iA2.826860@news.easynews.com...
> Who provides the best and largest selection for WiFi access? I'm mostly in
> the New York area (City and Also Rockland county)
>
>

While not complete by any means (there are many more out there, but this is
a start, I will look for my other lists and post them later),
As a start, check out: http://www.wififreespot.com

The Wi-Fi-FreeSpot Directory is a listing of Wi-Fi locations that offer Free
Wireless Internet Access - Wi-Fi - utilizing 802.11 technology.


The locations listed in the Wi-Fi-FreeSpot Directory are locations like
cafes, restaurants, coffeeshops, libraries, airports, downtown business
districts, malls, retail stores, etc. that are open to the public.
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 8:29:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102GSSPAMMENOT@NOSPAMHotmail.com> wrote in message
news:2k3qh1F17vlg7U1@uni-berlin.de...
>
> "Josh Grameson" <moon248@borderlessgroup.com> wrote in message
> news:_MNCc.7300923$iA2.826860@news.easynews.com...
> > Who provides the best and largest selection for WiFi access? I'm mostly
in
> > the New York area (City and Also Rockland county)
> >
> >
>
> While not complete by any means (there are many more out there, but this
is
> a start, I will look for my other lists and post them later),

Here's the other post I was looking for with some good info and useful
links..

WiFi Explained
======================================================

http://www.istart.co.nz/index/HM20/PC0/PV21902/EX245/AR...


FREE internet on the road:
======================================================

http://www.wi-fihotspotlist.com/

http://www.wififreespot.com/

http://www.t-mobile.com/hotspot/

http://www.wifi411.com/

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/post/forum...
June 26, 2004 12:27:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Peter Pan <Marcs1102GSSPAMMENOT@nospamhotmail.com> wrote:
: "SmartyPants" <schmartypantz@(remove_this)yahoo.com> wrote in message
: news:NKWCc.11$4h7.57245@twister.nyc.rr.com...
: > > > Who provides the best and largest selection for WiFi access? I'm
: > > > mostly in the New York area (City and Also Rockland county)
: >
: > > Starbucks. Works great!
: >
: > Which is T-Mobile, if I remember correctly.
:
: While T-Mobile is associated with them, they had nothing to do with
: implementing them. Anyone with wifi, no matter what carrier they use, can
: use the starbucks hotspots.

What you mean is, T-Mobile cell service has nothing at all to do with
T-Mobile Hotspot (WiFi), which is true - I'm a Verizon Wireless
customer but also a subscriber to T-Mobile Hotspot. If I did use
T-Mobile for cell service, I would get a $10/month discount, but then
I'd actually have to use their cell service. But, it is the same
company providing the Cell and WiFi service.

Speaking of which, T-Mobile Hotspot is pretty good. I've used it for
about a year. I'm posting this from one. I'm not even at a Starbucks
- I'm next door to one at a pizza joint and picking up the WiFi from
here.

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
*******************************************************************
----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
*******************************************************************
Anonymous
June 26, 2004 12:27:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"Andrew" <usenetMYSHOES@bizaveMYSHOES.com> wrote in message
news:cfychjc55062635409@bizaveMYSHOES.com...
> Peter Pan <Marcs1102GSSPAMMENOT@nospamhotmail.com> wrote:
> : "SmartyPants" <schmartypantz@(remove_this)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> : news:NKWCc.11$4h7.57245@twister.nyc.rr.com...
> : > > > Who provides the best and largest selection for WiFi access? I'm
> : > > > mostly in the New York area (City and Also Rockland county)
> : >
> : > > Starbucks. Works great!
> : >
> : > Which is T-Mobile, if I remember correctly.
> :
> : While T-Mobile is associated with them, they had nothing to do with
> : implementing them. Anyone with wifi, no matter what carrier they use,
can
> : use the starbucks hotspots.
>
> What you mean is, T-Mobile cell service has nothing at all to do with
> T-Mobile Hotspot (WiFi), which is true - I'm a Verizon Wireless
> customer but also a subscriber to T-Mobile Hotspot. If I did use
> T-Mobile for cell service, I would get a $10/month discount, but then
> I'd actually have to use their cell service. But, it is the same
> company providing the Cell and WiFi service.
>
> Speaking of which, T-Mobile Hotspot is pretty good. I've used it for
> about a year. I'm posting this from one. I'm not even at a Starbucks
> - I'm next door to one at a pizza joint and picking up the WiFi from
> here.
>
> Andrew

Unfortunately you are mixing things up, and confusing apples and oranges.
I'm saying T-mobile had absolutely NOTHING to do with the initial
use/implementation of WiFi/Hotspots/802.11b etc.
WiFi and Hotspots have been around for many years and have absolutely
NOTHING to do with marketing and t-mobile users thinking that they are the
only company that has exclusive control of the name, and you have to be a
t-mobile customer or can't use any implementation of WiFi/Hotspots/802.11
etc unless you are a t-mobile user. They came along later, did marketing
stuff with already existing and not affiliated implementations.

In this specific example of starbucks, they (starbucks) had Wi-FI and
hotspots a long time before t-mobile ever got involved.
Think about it, WiFi, Hotspots, 802.11b etc have been around for a LONG LONG
time before the cell carriers started stealing the name for marketing,
claiming that ONLY their users could use them, and had nothing to do with
starting them.

Interestingly enough, Verizon (and some other carriers) ALSO have what they
call WiFi.

Consider this, many many people use WiFi hotspots and don't even have a
cell-phone! you do **NOT** need cell service to be able to use WiFi/Hotspots
etc.
Anonymous
June 26, 2004 12:53:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

> : While T-Mobile is associated with them, they had nothing to do with
> : implementing them. Anyone with wifi (and money) , no matter what (cell)
carrier they use, can
> : use the starbucks hotspots.

> Speaking of which, T-Mobile Hotspot is pretty good. I've used it for
> about a year. I'm posting this from one. I'm not even at a Starbucks
> - I'm next door to one at a pizza joint and picking up the WiFi from
> here.

Yes, I have been told that the service is very good.
------------------------------------------------------------
reply address bot resistant and human safe
------------------------------------------------------------
June 26, 2004 1:34:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Peter Pan <Marcs1102GSSPAMMENOT@nospamhotmail.com> wrote:
: Unfortunately you are mixing things up, and confusing apples and oranges.
: I'm saying T-mobile had absolutely NOTHING to do with the initial
: use/implementation of WiFi/Hotspots/802.11b etc.

<snip history lesson>

OK - so what? I think the original question wasn't, "Who originated
HotSpots or WiFI?" but "Who has the best WiFi Access (in NYC)?" In
trying to determine where to get the best WiFi access, do you think
most people consider who originated WiFi? Most people could care
less.

: Consider this, many many people use WiFi hotspots and don't even have a
: cell-phone! you do **NOT** need cell service to be able to use WiFi/Hotspots
: etc.

Indeed, you don't need a cell phone for WiFi service. What you do
need is a wireless card for your laptop - 802.11b (or 802.11g which is
backward compatible with b) will work at 99.9% of the hotpots. Newer
laptops come with a built-in (internal) WiFi card, but if you have an
older laptop, you can buy a wireless card fairly cheaply and add it to
the PC Card slot. PC Card WiFi cards are cheap nowadays.

Borders Books also is a T-Mobile WiFi partner - I think they are
offering free day subscriptions to try the service out if you don't
want to go to Starbucks.

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
*******************************************************************
----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
*******************************************************************
Anonymous
June 26, 2004 1:34:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"Andrew" <usenetMYSHOES@bizaveMYSHOES.com> wrote in message
news:clalahjac68202835409@bizaveMYSHOES.com...
> Peter Pan <Marcs1102GSSPAMMENOT@nospamhotmail.com> wrote:
> : Unfortunately you are mixing things up, and confusing apples and
oranges.
> : I'm saying T-mobile had absolutely NOTHING to do with the initial
> : use/implementation of WiFi/Hotspots/802.11b etc.
>
> <snip history lesson>
>
> OK - so what? I think the original question wasn't, "Who originated
> HotSpots or WiFI?" but "Who has the best WiFi Access (in NYC)?" In
> trying to determine where to get the best WiFi access, do you think
> most people consider who originated WiFi? Most people could care
> less.
>
> : Consider this, many many people use WiFi hotspots and don't even have a
> : cell-phone! you do **NOT** need cell service to be able to use
WiFi/Hotspots
> : etc.
>
> Indeed, you don't need a cell phone for WiFi service. What you do
> need is a wireless card for your laptop - 802.11b (or 802.11g which is
> backward compatible with b) will work at 99.9% of the hotpots. Newer
> laptops come with a built-in (internal) WiFi card, but if you have an
> older laptop, you can buy a wireless card fairly cheaply and add it to
> the PC Card slot. PC Card WiFi cards are cheap nowadays.
>
> Borders Books also is a T-Mobile WiFi partner - I think they are
> offering free day subscriptions to try the service out if you don't
> want to go to Starbucks.
>
> Andrew

The point is that you do **NOT** need the t-mobile stuff/service at all! It
is a marketing scam to try and scam money out of people! I can take my
laptop with wifi card, or pda that does wifi, or park my car with my laptop
and wifi card in the lot, and just walk into a startbucks (maybe buy some
coffee to drink and cake to eat), and use it, without ever having to pay
t-mobile a thing, register with t-mobile, have a t-mobile cellphone etc. It
is just a marketing scam by t-mobile, making you *think* you have to pay
them, or have on of their cellphones to use the WiFi at starbucks. T-mobile
has absolutely NOTHING to do with the hotspots other than a marketing
agreement to try and scam money out of people that think they have to pay em
to use the free hotspots.
June 26, 2004 2:43:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Peter Pan <Marcs1102GSSPAMMENOT@nospamhotmail.com> wrote:
: The point is that you do **NOT** need the t-mobile stuff/service at
: all!

Never said you did! I said all you need is an 802.11b/g card.

: It is a marketing scam to try and scam money out of people! I can take my
: laptop with wifi card, or pda that does wifi, or park my car with my laptop
: and wifi card in the lot, and just walk into a startbucks (maybe buy some
: coffee to drink and cake to eat), and use it, without ever having to pay
: t-mobile a thing, register with t-mobile, have a t-mobile cellphone
: etc.

Er, no, you still need to pay T-Mobile to use their Hotspots. They
are not free. You can pay them by the hour, monthly, or get an annual
contract. If you happen to have a T-Mobile cell phone, you save
$10/month on WiFi, however. I don't have a T-Mobile cell phone, so I
have to pay them $29.99/month to use their Hotspots.

It's not a "scam" - just a business choice to offer WiFi service.
T-Mobile is betting I guess it will help their cell business. I think
T-Mobile Hotspots are considerd profitable, however...

: It
: is just a marketing scam by t-mobile, making you *think* you have to pay
: them, or have on of their cellphones to use the WiFi at starbucks. T-mobile
: has absolutely NOTHING to do with the hotspots other than a marketing
: agreement to try and scam money out of people that think they have to pay em
: to use the free hotspots.

Obviously you've never used a T-Mobile hotspot - or you are cracking
into their system, which I doubt.

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
*******************************************************************
----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
*******************************************************************
June 26, 2004 3:53:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Peter Pan <Marcs1102GSSPAMMENOT@nospamhotmail.com> wrote:

: FREE internet on the road:
: ======================================================

: http://www.t-mobile.com/hotspot/


As I've said a few times, T-Mobile Hotspots aren't "free".

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
*******************************************************************
----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
*******************************************************************
Anonymous
June 27, 2004 6:04:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

So I don't need the login/pw for starbucks?? (this would be interesting
cause I thing that Starbucks also tries to milk some $$ for this.) And what
about the other places T-Mobile claims to be granting you access to (such as
airports, borders...)?

"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102GSSPAMMENOT@NOSPAMHotmail.com> wrote in message
news:2k3m9rF17oj6jU1@uni-berlin.de...
>
> "Andrew" <usenetMYSHOES@bizaveMYSHOES.com> wrote in message
> news:clalahjac68202835409@bizaveMYSHOES.com...
> > Peter Pan <Marcs1102GSSPAMMENOT@nospamhotmail.com> wrote:
> > : Unfortunately you are mixing things up, and confusing apples and
> oranges.
> > : I'm saying T-mobile had absolutely NOTHING to do with the initial
> > : use/implementation of WiFi/Hotspots/802.11b etc.
> >
> > <snip history lesson>
> >
> > OK - so what? I think the original question wasn't, "Who originated
> > HotSpots or WiFI?" but "Who has the best WiFi Access (in NYC)?" In
> > trying to determine where to get the best WiFi access, do you think
> > most people consider who originated WiFi? Most people could care
> > less.
> >
> > : Consider this, many many people use WiFi hotspots and don't even have
a
> > : cell-phone! you do **NOT** need cell service to be able to use
> WiFi/Hotspots
> > : etc.
> >
> > Indeed, you don't need a cell phone for WiFi service. What you do
> > need is a wireless card for your laptop - 802.11b (or 802.11g which is
> > backward compatible with b) will work at 99.9% of the hotpots. Newer
> > laptops come with a built-in (internal) WiFi card, but if you have an
> > older laptop, you can buy a wireless card fairly cheaply and add it to
> > the PC Card slot. PC Card WiFi cards are cheap nowadays.
> >
> > Borders Books also is a T-Mobile WiFi partner - I think they are
> > offering free day subscriptions to try the service out if you don't
> > want to go to Starbucks.
> >
> > Andrew
>
> The point is that you do **NOT** need the t-mobile stuff/service at all!
It
> is a marketing scam to try and scam money out of people! I can take my
> laptop with wifi card, or pda that does wifi, or park my car with my
laptop
> and wifi card in the lot, and just walk into a startbucks (maybe buy some
> coffee to drink and cake to eat), and use it, without ever having to pay
> t-mobile a thing, register with t-mobile, have a t-mobile cellphone etc.
It
> is just a marketing scam by t-mobile, making you *think* you have to pay
> them, or have on of their cellphones to use the WiFi at starbucks.
T-mobile
> has absolutely NOTHING to do with the hotspots other than a marketing
> agreement to try and scam money out of people that think they have to pay
em
> to use the free hotspots.
>
>
Anonymous
June 27, 2004 6:04:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"Josh Grameson" <moon248@borderlessgroup.com> wrote in message
news:p WpDc.18394721$Of.3050118@news.easynews.com...
> So I don't need the login/pw for starbucks?? (this would be interesting
> cause I thing that Starbucks also tries to milk some $$ for this.) And
what
> about the other places T-Mobile claims to be granting you access to (such
as
> airports, borders...)?
>

For the t-mobile vpn at starbucks you do, if you are on other networks on
the same hotspot you don't.

The first thing the t-mobile software does is change your ssid search for to
tmobile and change your system to only connect to this ssid.

Hotspot owners, to get the free advertising and directory listing, have to
agree to allow any t-mobile user to access the t-mobile vpn, but it does not
limit them from running other vpn's or provide their own service or others
on the same hotspot.

Considering your software is changed to only allow t-mobile, I guess the
saying "once you go t-mobile, you never go back" makes more sense :) 

Sorry, no free lunch with t-mobile specific software. To answer your
question, you DO need your t-mobile login/pw for the t-mobile network (but
not for starbucks other vpn's)

PS a VPN = Virtual Private Network, lets you have multiple virtual networks
on one actual hotspot.
June 27, 2004 10:59:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Josh Grameson <moon248@borderlessgroup.com> wrote:
: So I don't need the login/pw for starbucks?? (this would be interesting
: cause I thing that Starbucks also tries to milk some $$ for this.) And what
: about the other places T-Mobile claims to be granting you access to (such as
: airports, borders...)?

You do need a login/pw for T-Mobile's Hotspots - and T-Mobile is
Starbucks' WiFi partner. T-Mobile charges anywhere from about $6/hour
to $39.99/month for a month-to-month contract or $29.99/month if you
sign up for a year. You can sign up right at Starbucks (or any other
T-Mobile hotspot) with your computer. Turn the computer on, let it
pick up the "tmobile" SSID, allow your computer to connect to it, and
then open Internet Explorer - and you'll get the T-Mobile login
screen. From there you can sign up with your credit card - and you'll
get a login/pw.

If you use Windows XP, you don't need any special software from
T-Mobile to get on to their network. (Make sure you have done a
Windows Update though to get the latest patches and service packs, a
few of which may make WiFi access easier.) T-Mobile offers some
software for your computer but you don't need it. You can still use
any other Hotspots your computer happens to be picking up at Starbucks
or anywhere else - you are not locked into T-Mobile's hotspots by
signing up, you just have to pick whichever network your computer can
see. But, many Hotspots are restricted access - for example, if the
Starbucks is next to a business that has its own WiFi network, your
computer might see it but you may be unable to get on it if they have
it secured.

T-Mobile Hotspots work the same whether you are at Starbucks, Borders,
Kinkos, or an airport. You use the same login/pw at all. Actually,
Starbucks has nothing to do with it. If you plop down at a business
directly next to a Starbucks, you can probably pick up T-Mobile's
signal and never set foot in the Starbucks and they'd never know. I
do it all the time. But you still need the T-Mobile login/pw.

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
*******************************************************************
----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
*******************************************************************
Anonymous
June 27, 2004 5:39:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"Andrew" <usenetMYSHOES@bizaveMYSHOES.com> wrote in message
<snip>
> T-Mobile Hotspots work the same whether you are at Starbucks,
Borders,
> Kinkos, or an airport. You use the same login/pw at all. Actually,
> Starbucks has nothing to do with it. If you plop down at a business
> directly next to a Starbucks, you can probably pick up T-Mobile's
> signal and never set foot in the Starbucks and they'd never know. I
> do it all the time. But you still need the T-Mobile login/pw.
>
> Andrew
> --
> ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
> *******************************************************************
> ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
> ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
> *******************************************************************
>

You know this is not to do with StarBucks or even T-Mobile but last
week I went out and set up a wireless G router (in my private office)
and one of the things I forgot to do (set up each Mac address for use)
was to secure it. I went in to where it shows my users and low and
behold there was this "blank" entry. I was so amused that someone
tapped into it so quickly. Alas I kicked them off but I was amused at
the way passerby's can pick up on that signal. Reminded me of the
sales guy that came in last month with a detection device for hotspots
($40) and he said they were a big seller. I can see why. Free Net
access.

Elector
June 27, 2004 7:29:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Elector <elector@my-deja.com> wrote:
: You know this is not to do with StarBucks or even T-Mobile but last
: week I went out and set up a wireless G router (in my private office)
: and one of the things I forgot to do (set up each Mac address for use)
: was to secure it. I went in to where it shows my users and low and
: behold there was this "blank" entry. I was so amused that someone
: tapped into it so quickly. Alas I kicked them off but I was amused at
: the way passerby's can pick up on that signal. Reminded me of the
: sales guy that came in last month with a detection device for hotspots
: ($40) and he said they were a big seller. I can see why. Free Net
: access.

Yep - you should at least setup MAC filtering. I also have WEP setup,
though it was a bit of a pain to do. In any case, dedicated hackers can
still break into either of these with the right equipment, but it
keeps the "honest" people out. :-)

I suspect most people who setup a WiFi network at home never consider
security at all.

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
*******************************************************************
----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
*******************************************************************
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 12:03:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> wrote in
news:C6ADc.255459$hY.200471@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

>
> You know this is not to do with StarBucks or even T-Mobile but last
> week I went out and set up a wireless G router (in my private office)
> and one of the things I forgot to do (set up each Mac address for use)
> was to secure it. I went in to where it shows my users and low and
> behold there was this "blank" entry. I was so amused that someone
> tapped into it so quickly. Alas I kicked them off but I was amused at
> the way passerby's can pick up on that signal. Reminded me of the
> sales guy that came in last month with a detection device for hotspots
> ($40) and he said they were a big seller. I can see why. Free Net
> access.
>
> Elector
>

If you're in my neighborhood, just look for W4CSC (my ham call) on your
list of stations the card is receiving. I've been providing a hotspot for
the neighborhood since 802.11a days with little trouble. I'm near the AFB
main gate in N Charleston, SC. If you go out on the roof of the enlisted
barracks, you'll find a couple of Pringle's can antennas pointed at my
house...(c; It's my way of "supporting our troops".

The wireless router is about 60' up under a plastic bucket under my ham
antennas. I can use it from the car with no external antenna for over a
mile!

Larry W4CSC
help yourselves.
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 9:01:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

> If you go out on the roof of the enlisted
> barracks, you'll find a couple of Pringle's can antennas pointed at my
> house...(c; It's my way of "supporting our troops"...

Larry, that is super cool of you. Thanks for doing a good deed for a bunch
of people who need good things done for them.

On a similar note, http://www.freenetworks.org is a starting point for
free wifi access.
------------------------------------------------------------
reply address bot resistant and human safe
------------------------------------------------------------
!