CradlePoint's $350 Router Has 3G/4G Card Slots

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
It switches between the two? It doesn't manage traffic across both connection at once? This might work if you have a backup 3G/4G connection that you must pay to use per the amount of data transferred, but if both connections are "unlimited", the device should use both.

Also, 64 clients? Is this wireless clients, or total clients? I mean, I have 8 clients at my home for two of us (2 cell phones w/ wifi, Wii, 3xlaptops/netbooks, Nook, 2x desktop/dvr PCs). Yeah, not all 8 at one time, but seriously, a business could rack of 64 simultaneous connections pretty fast.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Love the acne medicine ad here on Tom's. You never know when a nerdy, caffeine drinking, pizza eating, psycho killing, gaming maniac will need their dose! :)

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I dropped the cash on the cradlepoint phs300 and it was well worth it - who wants a dedicated device like a mi-fi. Now I'd go with a better one that doesn't have the battery in it and get a Tekkeon battery for it (one with a signal meter).

Considering Charter constantly hiccups for me (going down sometimes for 5 seconds to 5 minutes every few hours - but of course no problem can ever be found), this might be useful... but between the hills and trees, we are smack dab in the middle of a 3G deadzone. That drops to 1xRTT all the time - so as tempting as this is, without an antenna on my roof there is no point.

However, I will put this in the iPad category - if you have the money to waste, go for it... after all, Cradlepoint makes some good cellular broadband routers (and updates frequently).

G

do your own research on this one; the review is cursory.

*load-sharing* across all seven (7) WAN interfaces - 2 Ethernet, 3 USB, Expresscard and a PCMCIA

WiFi-N range tested to over 2800 feet line of sight on the 1000 model
optional 12-hour battery pack, car adapter, and dual external wifi antennas

gigabit switch as well...

load-balancing five 3G connections and broadcasting a mile-wide WiFi-N zone off of a battery pack at a mining site with no electricity - gets my attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS