Sign in with
Your question
Closed

PS3 Component Problem

Last response: in Video Games
July 12, 2009 4:29:17 AM

Hello i recently came into a problem with my PS3, i plugged in all of the corressponding colors of the component cable into my tv and the when i turn on the PS3 no video shows up, so i was wondering what could be the problem.... could it be the cable or the console itself??

More about : ps3 component problem

July 12, 2009 4:10:46 PM

Was your PS3 used through a HDMI cable recently? If it's set up to run through HDMI it won't automatically switch back to component when no HDMI cable is available.
This happened to me. I had my PS3 running with the component cables. Then I hooked it up to another tv and switched to HDMI. When I went back to the component tv I couldn't get a picture. I solved this by going back to the HDMI tv and switching to component (using the XBM) from there. Then when I went back to the component tv it was fine. I hope this makes sense.
July 12, 2009 9:21:45 PM

Sounds like you used a different input at some point: Hold the power button down until you hear a second beep to restore the PS3 to default settings. (This also allows for any HDMI cables to be detected if you previously were using a component input). Make sure to set up your Video, Sound, and Blu-Ray settings again.
Related resources
January 28, 2012 11:05:57 PM

i did that power button thing but the quality is horrible when i use component cables but then its just fine when i use a HDMI cable. Im also trying to record with a hd pvr but the quality is sooooo bad !
January 29, 2012 11:59:56 AM

Check the post dates!
!