Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Here is a link for ordering SP2 on CD from M$ - they say later this summer ... they probably should say fall ...

<A HREF="http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx" target="_new">Order Windows XP Service Pack 2 on CD</A>

<b> ...more people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol - W.C. Fields </b>

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
I already did ... gonna do a freash install in a couple of weeks ...

<b> ...more people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol - W.C. Fields </b>

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
It took four days to get mine...:)

Just to clarify; XP with SP1 CD can be slipstreamed with SP2?

Not sure if I'll even be able to install it anyway...one of the main programs we run, AutoCAD 2000 is on the list of programs that are affected by SP2. May have to wait for another patch from someone..

....WW (5.0)

trancenation

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004
Hi, I was wondering why you got it slipstreamed correctly :p while mine tells me that I can't integrate the SP2 with a version that already has Upgrades in it.
I am using a CD of WinXP SP1 and trying to integrate it with SP2 Network Installation 266MB.
Can you guys please help me out with this, do I need a specific version of SP1?

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I slipstreamed my XP Pro upgrade version (SP1) with SP2 CD that I ordered at Microsoft. It went smoothly as the same as I did for my brother's (OEM and non-SP1). Perhaps, your SP2 file is different than the one in SP2 CD that can only be installed through network?

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

Brett4u6

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004
I have the same problem. My CD of WinXP is SP1a. I was wondering if the "a" meant it already contains some upgrades.

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
At first glance the "a".

Xeon

<font color=red>Post created with being a dickhead in mind.</font color=red>
<font color=white>For all emotional and slanderous statements contact THG for all law suits.</font color=white>

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
SP1 included M$ "Virtual Machine" (their version of Java) ... but because of pending litigation with Sun ... M$ deleted their version of "Java" and changed to SP1a (you have to download Sun's Java Program) ... they came to terms with Sun ... but I'm thinking SP1a is what's out there now ...

<b> ...more people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol - W.C. Fields </b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Jake_Barnes on 09/20/04 01:11 PM.</EM></FONT></P>