clear last user name on logon?

April 16, 2005 10:19:07 PM

I am trying to "remove" most of the XP-ness so that the machine looks
like a win2K machine. In specific, I have gone to the nongui logon,
and would like to clear the last user name so when a new user logs
on, they have to enter their user name into a blank field. How do I
clear the last username? Where is this set?

- elmar

More about : clear user logon

April 17, 2005 12:02:20 AM

jankin wrote:
> I am trying to "remove" most of the XP-ness so that the machine looks
> like a win2K machine. In specific, I have gone to the nongui logon,
> and would like to clear the last user name so when a new user logs
> on, they have to enter their user name into a blank field. How do I
> clear the last username? Where is this set?
>
> - elmar

If you are using XP Pro, go to Start-Run and type gpedit.msc
Then in the left-hand pane go to Computer Configuration-Windows
Settings-Security settings-Local Policies-Security options and scroll
down to Interactive logon: Do not display last username

I'm not sure whether this function is available in Home Edition.

HTH

--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

In article <OAhT7crQFHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, gordonbp1
@yahoo.co.uk.invalid says...
>...Computer Configuration-Windows
> Settings-Security settings-Local Policies-Security options and scroll
> down to Interactive logon: Do not display last username

Thanks - that did it.