clear last user name on logon?

I am trying to "remove" most of the XP-ness so that the machine looks
like a win2K machine. In specific, I have gone to the nongui logon,
and would like to clear the last user name so when a new user logs
on, they have to enter their user name into a blank field. How do I
clear the last username? Where is this set?

- elmar
2 answers Last reply
More about clear user logon

    jankin wrote:
    > I am trying to "remove" most of the XP-ness so that the machine looks
    > like a win2K machine. In specific, I have gone to the nongui logon,
    > and would like to clear the last user name so when a new user logs
    > on, they have to enter their user name into a blank field. How do I
    > clear the last username? Where is this set?
    >
    > - elmar

    If you are using XP Pro, go to Start-Run and type gpedit.msc
    Then in the left-hand pane go to Computer Configuration-Windows
    Settings-Security settings-Local Policies-Security options and scroll
    down to Interactive logon: Do not display last username

    I'm not sure whether this function is available in Home Edition.

    HTH

    --
    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

    In article <OAhT7crQFHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, gordonbp1
    @yahoo.co.uk.invalid says...
    >...Computer Configuration-Windows
    > Settings-Security settings-Local Policies-Security options and scroll
    > down to Interactive logon: Do not display last username

    Thanks - that did it.

Microsoft Windows XP