Briefcase problem

I am using Windows XP Pro in both my PC and notebook. I
have been trying to get Briefcase to work between the 2
computers. I am able to move a file from the PC to the
notebook and add data to the file in the notebook.
However, when I try to update it, I get the message that
it can't be done as it is "read only". The attributes are
not set to read only and the folders are set for sharing.

I am new to this and is there something I am missing?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Norm.
1 answer Last reply
More about briefcase problem

    Hi,

    That folder on the notebook needs to assign read and write permissions for
    everyone. Currently, it is at the default for a share which is read only.

    HOW TO: Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions in Windows
    XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308418

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Norm Henderson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am using Windows XP Pro in both my PC and notebook. I
    > have been trying to get Briefcase to work between the 2
    > computers. I am able to move a file from the PC to the
    > notebook and add data to the file in the notebook.
    > However, when I try to update it, I get the message that
    > it can't be done as it is "read only". The attributes are
    > not set to read only and the folders are set for sharing.
    >
    > I am new to this and is there something I am missing?
    >
    > Your help will be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Norm.

Notebooks Read Only Windows XP