Briefcase problem

April 17, 2005 1:33:27 AM

I am using Windows XP Pro in both my PC and notebook. I
have been trying to get Briefcase to work between the 2
computers. I am able to move a file from the PC to the
notebook and add data to the file in the notebook.
However, when I try to update it, I get the message that
it can't be done as it is "read only". The attributes are
not set to read only and the folders are set for sharing.

I am new to this and is there something I am missing?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Norm.

More about : briefcase problem

Anonymous
April 18, 2005 10:35:06 AM

Hi,

That folder on the notebook needs to assign read and write permissions for
everyone. Currently, it is at the default for a share which is read only.

HOW TO: Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions in Windows
XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308418

--
Best of Luck,