Cell tower maps?

Are there any websites that show where cell towers for Verizon (or any other
carrier) are located? I'm located on Long Island. I have very poor service
by my home...it USED to be excellent but for whatever reason it went down
the toilet! Anyway I was thinking that if I knew where the nearby cell
sites were, that should be the direction I should try to travel if I needed
good service, rather than staying put and getting dropped calls. The way I
figure it, the cell site and service won't come to me so I might as well go
to the cell site! I complained about the service and the tech said he'd get
back to me to let me know what he discovered...two weeks and nothing from
the tech!

Bob
3 answers Last reply
More about cell tower maps

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:48:44 GMT, "Bob" <rfa5@optonline.net> wrote:
    >Are there any websites that show where cell towers for Verizon (or any other
    >carrier) are located? I'm located on Long Island.

    There's no one site that shows all the tower locations. But here's one
    that has a lot of the Verizon sites in the northeast:

    http://www.crowncastle.com/sitelocator.shtml

    On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 00:00:36 GMT, Bob Scheurle
    <njtbob2@X-optonline-X.net> wrote:

    >On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:48:44 GMT, "Bob" <rfa5@optonline.net> wrote:
    >>Are there any websites that show where cell towers for Verizon (or any other
    >>carrier) are located? I'm located on Long Island.
    >
    >There's no one site that shows all the tower locations. But here's one
    >that has a lot of the Verizon sites in the northeast:
    >
    > http://www.crowncastle.com/sitelocator.shtml

    Here's some more:

    http://www.nwconline.com/
    http://www.sbasite.com/
    http://www.gsignal.com/home.aspx
    http://www.spectrasite.com/web/CorporateSite2001/home.asp

    Bob,
    There are many web sites with cell site information, but the vast majority
    of sites are not listed. We have listed most of what is available at:

    http://www.mountainwireless.com/site_finder.shtml

    Bill Radio

    "Bob" <rfa5@optonline.net> wrote in message
    > Are there any websites that show where cell towers for Verizon (or any
    other
    > carrier) are located? I'm located on Long Island. I have very poor
    service
    > by my home...it USED to be excellent but for whatever reason it went down
    > the toilet! Anyway I was thinking that if I knew where the nearby cell
    > sites were, that should be the direction I should try to travel if I
    needed
    > good service, rather than staying put and getting dropped calls. The way
    > figure it, the cell site and service won't come to me so I might as well
    go
    > to the cell site! I complained about the service and the tech said he'd
    get
    > back to me to let me know what he discovered...two weeks and nothing from
    > the tech!
    >
    > Bob

Verizon Internet Service Providers