Lost my SharedDocs Folder

Somehow, I have managed to have lost my SharedDocs folder. I'm on a small
LAN, so I do need it. (I must have done a good job of it because it isn't
in the Recycle Bin either)

How can I get it back??
Thx
Haz
3 answers Last reply
More about lost shareddocs folder

    Lost from where?

    Do you have TweakUI installed?
    [+] My Computer | Check ? Files stored on this computer |
    Apply | OK
    -----

    %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Documents
    or
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents

    is the Shared Documents folder. It gets it's name from the desktop.ini
    file.

    The desktop.ini file may be missing or messed up.

    Detailed instructions here on how to fix or create a desktop.ini file for
    the Shared Documents folder...
    http://computers.douglasthrift.net/winxpfaq.html#faq3

    -----

    See the WORKAROUND here...
    Shared Documents Folders Are Missing From My Computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319825

    The My Computer Icon Displays the My Documents Folders of Another User
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;286727

    My Documents folder missing in My Computer
    http://www.tweakxp.com/tweak1846.aspx

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:uD%23ppa1QFHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    Haz <a_burkhardt@dcwis.com> hunted and pecked:

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    > Lost from where?
    >
    > Do you have TweakUI installed?
    > [+] My Computer | Check ? Files stored on this computer |
    > Apply | OK
    > -----
    >
    > %ALLUSERSPROFILE%Documents
    > or
    > C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersDocuments
    >
    > is the Shared Documents folder. It gets it's name from the
    > desktop.ini
    > file.
    >
    > The desktop.ini file may be missing or messed up.
    >
    > Detailed instructions here on how to fix or create a
    > desktop.ini file for
    > the Shared Documents folder...
    > http://computers.douglasthrift.net/winxpfaq.html#faq3
    >
    > -----
    >
    > See the WORKAROUND here...
    > Shared Documents Folders Are Missing From My Computer
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319825
    >
    > The My Computer Icon Displays the My Documents Folders of
    > Another User
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;286727
    >
    > My Documents folder missing in My Computer
    > http://www.tweakxp.com/tweak1846.aspx
    >

    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:uD%23ppa1QFHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    > Haz <a_burkhardt@dcwis.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > Somehow, I have managed to have lost my SharedDocs folder.
    > I'm on a small
    > > LAN, so I do need it. (I must have done a good job of it
    > because it isn't
    > > in the Recycle Bin either)
    > >
    > > How can I get it back??
    > > Thx
    > > Haz

    Hi Wes,

    I was so happy to find your reply, because my shared documents seem to
    be lost, and I’m not thrilled.

    However, trying to put your suggestions into action, I stumble on the
    fact that I cannot even get acces to the folder C:\Documents and
    Settings\All Users\Documents.
    Somehow I’m denied access!!

    So (re-)placing a (new) desktop.ini seems out of the question.

    (And does this mean I’ve somehow lost all that was in that folder
    before?)

    I sure hope you can help me.

    Regards,
    Nala King

    PS This is my first time here so please forgive me if I’m not
    communicating in a familiar fashion.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/New-Users-Lost-SharedDocs-Folder-ftopict359438.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1175280

    Yep,

    I've got the same problem, lost the "Shared Documents" folder and have
    only the "Documents" folder in "Documents and Settings\All
    Users\Documents" and all attempts at accessing this folder results in
    "Access Denied" message even though I am signed on as an Administrator.

    Can anyone help?

    Thanks, Bob

    --
    Bob423