Error message said disk full and its Not

I recently bought a new laptop to handle my music file (Im a songwriter). It
has a 60 gig hard drive (55.8 I think) and says I have 40 unused gigs left.
However, when attempting to save a music track, I get an error message saying
disk is full! I saved the 1st track by closing other programs (like sound
editors and processors etc.), but complained again when trying to save a 2nd
track. My music folder only has 1.6 gigs in it. I'm the sole user of this
computer. I cant find that quota tab they talk about in the help
file...please help.
--
Bernie

dont think it be a quota prob but to check go to my computer, right click on
C:\ and select propeties then click on the quota tab if enable then de enable
it. How big is the sound file you trying o save and wot format is it in? and
are you saving it to C:? not some other drive like memory stick or anything?

BigBern45 wrote:
> I recently bought a new laptop to handle my music file (Im a
> songwriter). It has a 60 gig hard drive (55.8 I think) and says I
> have 40 unused gigs left. However, when attempting to save a music
> track, I get an error message saying disk is full! I saved the 1st
> track by closing other programs (like sound editors and processors
> etc.), but complained again when trying to save a 2nd track. My music
> folder only has 1.6 gigs in it. I'm the sole user of this computer. I
> cant find that quota tab they talk about in the help file...please
> help.

What program are you using to save those files? Exactly what program says "disk full" ? and preferably get the full text of the message.

Bring up Windows Explorer, and navigate to the My Computer option. Does it show the amount of unused space on drive C ? (humhh, your note says 40 Unused gigs).

In Windows Explorer, do a right-click on C drive, select Properties. It should popup with a small window with 3 tabs. On the General tab you should see a pie-chart plus 2 lines of details on used & unused space.

Does this disk only have a C partition? or is there more logical disk drives?

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User