Data Access Objects (DAO)

I'm trying to instal a program but I keep getting a error message that I need
to close all program running DAO, I don't know what that is.
3 answers Last reply
More about data access objects

    rivjim54 wrote:
    > I'm trying to instal a program but I keep getting a error message
    > that I need to close all program running DAO, I don't know what that
    > is.

    Be specific as to name, publisher, and version of this "program" you're trying to install.
    You've got the acronym identified. Some database programs like Access or those in Visual Basic ( as well as who knows how many older programs) may use DAO --- which very crudely described, is a way to access Windows' services as well as data.

    Be specific in what "this" program is & what it's supposed to do.
    --
    Maurice N
    MVP Windows - Shell / User

    The program that I'm trying to install is Quick Verse 7.0 Bible Study
    Library. And the
    error message can not complate instalion, close m/soft program running (DAO)

    "rivjim54" wrote:

    > The program that I'm trying to install is Quick Verse 7.0 Bible Study
    > Library. And the
    > error message can not complate instalion, close m/soft program running (DAO)
    >
    > "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:
    >
    > > rivjim54 wrote:
    > > > I'm trying to instal a program but I keep getting a error message
    > > > that I need to close all program running DAO, I don't know what that
    > > > is.
    > >
    > > Be specific as to name, publisher, and version of this "program" you're trying to install.
    > > You've got the acronym identified. Some database programs like Access or those in Visual Basic ( as well as who knows how many older programs) may use DAO --- which very crudely described, is a way to access Windows' services as well as data.
    > >
    > > Be specific in what "this" program is & what it's supposed to do.
    > > --
    > > Maurice N
    > > MVP Windows - Shell / User
    > > -----
    > >
    > > I have had the same problem with QuickVerse. If you start your computer in safe mode, then install, it should work.

Microsoft Error Message Windows XP