Data Access Objects (DAO)

April 17, 2005 8:05:02 PM

I'm trying to instal a program but I keep getting a error message that I need
to close all program running DAO, I don't know what that is.
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 10:27:14 PM

rivjim54 wrote:
> I'm trying to instal a program but I keep getting a error message
> that I need to close all program running DAO, I don't know what that
> is.

Be specific as to name, publisher, and version of this "program" you're trying to install.
You've got the acronym identified. Some database programs like Access or those in Visual Basic ( as well as who knows how many older programs) may use DAO --- which very crudely described, is a way to access Windows' services as well as data.

Be specific in what "this" program is & what it's supposed to do.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

The program that I'm trying to install is Quick Verse 7.0 Bible Study
Library. And the
error message can not complate instalion, close m/soft program running (DAO)

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> rivjim54 wrote:
> > I'm trying to instal a program but I keep getting a error message
> > that I need to close all program running DAO, I don't know what that
> > is.
>
> Be specific as to name, publisher, and version of this "program" you're trying to install.
> You've got the acronym identified. Some database programs like Access or those in Visual Basic ( as well as who knows how many older programs) may use DAO --- which very crudely described, is a way to access Windows' services as well as data.
>
> Be specific in what "this" program is & what it's supposed to do.
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> -----