On some sites the initial window will be full screen including tool bars
etc. but at other times they will be slightly reduced and showing parts of
the previous screen around the edges. On one site that I use regularly, I
erased the history and the secondary screen that comes up now is about 30%
totatal width but proper height. I can get my display to show the way it
originally did by going thru restore but I would like to know how to set up
these windows the way I would like.
Any helpers?
rob
ettmart1@shaw.ca
thx

please include Your Operating system aka XP 2000 .
And the version if IE internet Explorer .

Note that Updating your System files Using windows/IE update might solve
your Issue .
yours
moo

"Just Me" wrote:

> On some sites the initial window will be full screen including tool bars
> etc. but at other times they will be slightly reduced and showing parts of
> the previous screen around the edges. On one site that I use regularly, I
> erased the history and the secondary screen that comes up now is about 30%
> totatal width but proper height. I can get my display to show the way it
> originally did by going thru restore but I would like to know how to set up
> these windows the way I would like.
> Any helpers?
> rob
> ettmart1@shaw.ca
> thx

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:u$vC%23U%23QFHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Just Me <ettmart1@shaw.ca> had this to say:

> On some sites the initial window will be full screen including tool
> bars etc. but at other times they will be slightly reduced and
> showing parts of the previous screen around the edges. On one site
> that I use regularly, I erased the history and the secondary screen
> that comes up now is about 30% totatal width but proper height. I can
> get my display to show the way it originally did by going thru
> restore but I would like to know how to set up these windows the way
> I would like. Any helpers?
> rob
> ettmart1@shaw.ca
> thx

Open your home page in IE
Right click on any link and select open in new window
Close the FIRST instance of IE
Take the new window (it should be the only one open) and using the bottom
right and upper left hand corner of it ONLY (don't use the maximize button)
drag it to the size you want it to be.
Press the CTRL key and click on the X in the upper right.

That should work until some evil web designer feels they should offer you
resized windows which IE will then default to. When it happens again, and it
will, you'll need to do the same thing over again.

Galen