Sign in with
Your question

Game suggestion please!

Last response: in Video Games
July 15, 2009 2:41:54 AM

Forum:

I've basically played every game I have to death. I'm one of those guys that only gets quality and plays the same game over and over, rather than a console gamer that throws away one cheap game after another.

A while ago, I got Farcry2, Fallout3, Sims3 (a dud), GTA4. Can someone help suggest a new big title?

I hear Left4 Dead is good, but I think that's made for multi-player.

I also like thinking games like Pharaoh, EmpireEarth1, Galactic Civilizations ][. Tactical shooters like GRAW. A good role playing game is always fun.

I can try a sports game or flight sim, but I don't think they improved much over the past 10 years.

Or perhaps there is nothing on the way, until maybe Elder Scrolls 5 in late 2010.

Any suggestions will help,
thanks!

More about : game suggestion

July 16, 2009 3:41:13 AM

Personally, I love this game called Empire: Total War, If you are into TBS and RTS... And another game I really like is Mirror's Edge. If you want an RPG, Bethesda makes the most free ones, whereas you can stop in the middle of a quest and go do another with no conflict (but the game is very unreliable). What kind of system do you have??
July 16, 2009 4:31:15 AM

thesupermedium said:
Personally, I love this game called Empire: Total War, If you are into TBS and RTS... And another game I really like is Mirror's Edge. If you want an RPG, Bethesda makes the most free ones, whereas you can stop in the middle of a quest and go do another with no conflict (but the game is very unreliable). What kind of system do you have??

I have a fairly high-end rig. (can play Crysis & GTA4).
Usually I like TBS if I have a really slow PC and a lot of time to kill. Good RTS is fun to. I didn't know much about Mirror's Edge, it seems good. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll also check Empire: Total War since I like colonial conquest and big cannons..
I feel better now. The outlook isn't as depressing as I though.
Related resources
July 16, 2009 1:31:07 PM

I just finished playing BioShock and I like the game play a lot, the end boss was 2 easy to kill but the story line is good as well as some of the physics. I am currently playing Might and Magic Dark Messiah and I am liking the physics of the game a lot. After this I plan on playing either Prey or Might & Magic V. Not sure yet. So far I have not been disappointed. You may also want to check out Cryostasis, it got some pretty good ratings.

You should check out Steam and Direct2Drive weekend deals. That's how I got most of my games. $10 for BioShock, $10 Prey, $20 for the entire Might & Magic collection. Last week steam had Grid (racing sim)on sale ($25) but I am waiting for Burn Out Paradise Ultimate to go on sale.
July 18, 2009 4:20:25 AM

Wolfenstine will be out in a few weeks, it looks awesome. Deadspace isnt bad but it gets kind of repeditive. Spore was fun for about a weekend lol.
July 18, 2009 5:45:52 AM

if you like roleplaying, try Mass Effect, Bioshock, or the Witcher

Civilization IV: Colonization for colonial conquest
July 18, 2009 5:58:55 AM

Get the sequel to fallout 3, called broken steel.
July 18, 2009 8:44:26 AM

Thanks all for the suggestions. Some of the titles I forgot about or didn't hear before.
July 18, 2009 7:01:08 PM

Just want to add my vote for Empire: Total War and The Witcher. The latter is a very good, dark and grownup RPG. Just different enough, as it were. The former is just the high water mark of turn based strategy, but seems to have a few issues if you control too much of the map, and suffers wicked slowdown as a result. Still worth it though.

Fallout 3 is fun, but I'd say wait for the GOTY edition in October/November, which will have the game and all of the DLC included.

I have Mirror's Edge, and it's a gem, but it's very rough. Do you remember screaming at the screen in frustration in the old days of side scrollers and timed jumps? Mirror's Edge has revived the screaming. It's a novel and sometimes very enjoyable idea, but incredibly infuriating. I would give it a very, very cautious thumbs up. It and Dead Space are on offer at Direct2Drive at the moment. Not tried Dead Space yet.

Dawn of War 2 is fun. It's an RTS with all the base building ripped out, and a few RPG elements thrown in. Left4Dead is also great fun, but very much team based. Boring on your own. Bioshock is great, and a fully realised world that should be applauded. I got more immersed in it than any other game I can think of in the past ten years. The last third/quarter of the game sags badly though.

Dreadloxx is entirely right about Spore. "This is fun..... I'm bored." Worth a punt if you see it cheap, and want to while away the weekend.

And it has just become abundantly clear that I buy waaaay too many games! Any others you were considering?
!