Program & Data transfer

I just bought a new computer with windows XP. My old computer has windows 98.
When I transfered my programs & data files to my new computer they all went
into one user account. Now I want to make these programs available to all the
user accounts on my new computer. Since I only had the default user on
windows 98, what do I need to do to let all users have access to the programs
and how do I get them to show up on everyones desktop.
1 answer Last reply
More about program data transfer

    hunter_46 <hunter_46@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I just bought a new computer with windows XP. My old computer has windows 98.
    >When I transfered my programs & data files to my new computer they all went
    >into one user account. Now I want to make these programs available to all the
    >user accounts on my new computer. Since I only had the default user on
    >windows 98, what do I need to do to let all users have access to the programs
    >and how do I get them to show up on everyones desktop.

    See "How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151).

    --
    (tm)

Windows 98 Computers Microsoft Windows XP