Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Hi there when trying to run a program that i have saved to my computer from
the following link
http://www.companionlink.com/files/royal/Extreme4b/CL_Extreme4b.exe

I then try opening it and get the error msg WinExec failed: returned= 193
any help would be appreciated.

Also while trying to type this post. if i started typing to fast. Suddenly
my screens stops and the little windows xp box comes up and in it is says
preparing to stand by, my screen goes blank as if it is refreshing it self or
something then comes back on. And far as i can tell it happens with any
key,

Jason

Hi,

Usually that is due to a corrupt download, you may want to try deleting it
and downloading again. You may also find the steps outlined here useful:

Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Installation

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there when trying to run a program that i have saved to my computer
> from
> the following link
> http://www.companionlink.com/files/royal/Extreme4b/CL_Extreme4b.exe
>
> I then try opening it and get the error msg WinExec failed: returned= 193
> any help would be appreciated.
>
> Also while trying to type this post. if i started typing to fast.
> Suddenly
> my screens stops and the little windows xp box comes up and in it is says
> preparing to stand by, my screen goes blank as if it is refreshing it self
> or
> something then comes back on. And far as i can tell it happens with any
> key,
>
> Jason

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Hi Rick i was able to get that problem fixed, by getting a response and help
from the company it self, thanks though