text document keeps appearing on desktop

i am having trouble with a text document(dxva-sig) appearing on my desktop.i
have sent it to the recycle bin 3 times but a new one appears.can anyone tell
me why this is happening. when i open the doc it opens notepad but there is
nothing in it.i am new to computing and dont want to delete anything unless i
know what it is
--
viv

Byte

Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition - Download Free version and Run It!

"viv" wrote:

> i am having trouble with a text document(dxva-sig) appearing on my desktop.i
> have sent it to the recycle bin 3 times but a new one appears.can anyone tell
> me why this is happening. when i open the doc it opens notepad but there is
> nothing in it.i am new to computing and dont want to delete anything unless i
> know what it is
> --
> viv

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:55:05 -0700, viv <viv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

forget the spyware answer. Upgrade your media player. then delete the file.

>i am having trouble with a text document(dxva-sig) appearing on my desktop.i
>have sent it to the recycle bin 3 times but a new one appears.can anyone tell
>me why this is happening. when i open the doc it opens notepad but there is
>nothing in it.i am new to computing and dont want to delete anything unless i
>know what it is

thanks, i`ll try that.What is this document(dxva-sig) used for? is it used in
a programme or is it something that has been created by someone using my
computer? i have found it in w media player & in "my documents". do i delete
all of these references to the file?

"Husky" wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:55:05 -0700, viv <viv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> forget the spyware answer. Upgrade your media player. then delete the file.
>
> >i am having trouble with a text document(dxva-sig) appearing on my desktop.i
> >have sent it to the recycle bin 3 times but a new one appears.can anyone tell
> >me why this is happening. when i open the doc it opens notepad but there is
> >nothing in it.i am new to computing and dont want to delete anything unless i
> >know what it is
>
> --
> more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 01:35:01 -0700, viv <viv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Obviously it's used by media player. And it would seem that deleting it is not
a problem either since it recreated itself often enough.
And if it complains, I'd guess just about anyone can create a zero byte length
file even with no programming experience.