New PDF statements

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
June 25, 2004 6:43:07 PM

When did the statements move to PDF when you want a printer friendly
statement?

No matter what browser I use it doesn't work for me.

HTML is so much nicer.

More about : pdf statements

Anonymous
June 25, 2004 7:21:59 PM

"Justin" <nospam@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> When did the statements move to PDF when you want a printer friendly
> statement?
>
> No matter what browser I use it doesn't work for me.
>
> HTML is so much nicer.

In some regards the use of the Adobe format is on the rise and is the best
way to get any printed document out there. It is easy for saving and for
viewing and printing. However I have found that in the process (Verizon) has
not set the Adobe up correctly since many times the ends of the documents
are not on the page etc. (Out of margin) they did not use the fit to page
etc. But my bank and a few of the credit card companies I use have been
doing this for quite some time.

Elector
Anonymous
June 26, 2004 5:35:08 AM

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:43:07 GMT, Justin <nospam@insightbb.com> wrote:

>When did the statements move to PDF when you want a printer friendly
>statement?
>
>No matter what browser I use it doesn't work for me.

Looks like they started with this month's bill.

I've had no problems with the PDF statements with Mozilla Firefox on
Windows machines with Adobe Reader (work) or the full version of
Acrobat (home).

-SC
--
Stanley Cline -- sc1 at roamer1 dot org -- http://www.roamer1.org/
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:43:07 GMT, Justin <nospam@insightbb.com> wrote:

>When did the statements move to PDF when you want a printer friendly
>statement?
>
>No matter what browser I use it doesn't work for me.

You need abode Acrobat to read a PDF.

Evan
June 27, 2004 4:40:56 PM

> When did the statements move to PDF when you want
> a printer friendly statement?
>
> No matter what browser I use it doesn't work for me.
>
> HTML is so much nicer.

Well, it does work for me. But I agree I liked the HTML much better. My
guess is that they went to PDF to help prevent altering of the bill. It's
trivial to alter the HTML bill via a text editor. With PDF, you have to
purchase a PDF writer application.

-Frank
Anonymous
June 27, 2004 4:58:28 PM

I just checked on the VZW site and when I tried to get a printable "PDF"
bill and all I get is a blank page. And yes I have Adobe Acrobat. There
seems to be a problem with their website. I used to make a PDF of the
printer friendly bill for my records. If this works it will save me making
a PDF.

!