New PDF statements

When did the statements move to PDF when you want a printer friendly
statement?

No matter what browser I use it doesn't work for me.

HTML is so much nicer.
5 answers Last reply
More about statements

    "Justin" <nospam@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    > When did the statements move to PDF when you want a printer friendly
    > statement?
    >
    > No matter what browser I use it doesn't work for me.
    >
    > HTML is so much nicer.

    In some regards the use of the Adobe format is on the rise and is the best
    way to get any printed document out there. It is easy for saving and for
    viewing and printing. However I have found that in the process (Verizon) has
    not set the Adobe up correctly since many times the ends of the documents
    are not on the page etc. (Out of margin) they did not use the fit to page
    etc. But my bank and a few of the credit card companies I use have been
    doing this for quite some time.

    Elector

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:43:07 GMT, Justin <nospam@insightbb.com> wrote:

    >When did the statements move to PDF when you want a printer friendly
    >statement?
    >
    >No matter what browser I use it doesn't work for me.

    Looks like they started with this month's bill.

    I've had no problems with the PDF statements with Mozilla Firefox on
    Windows machines with Adobe Reader (work) or the full version of
    Acrobat (home).

    -SC
    --
    Stanley Cline -- sc1 at roamer1 dot org -- http://www.roamer1.org/
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:43:07 GMT, Justin <nospam@insightbb.com> wrote:

    >When did the statements move to PDF when you want a printer friendly
    >statement?
    >
    >No matter what browser I use it doesn't work for me.

    You need abode Acrobat to read a PDF.

    Evan

    > When did the statements move to PDF when you want
    > a printer friendly statement?
    >
    > No matter what browser I use it doesn't work for me.
    >
    > HTML is so much nicer.

    Well, it does work for me. But I agree I liked the HTML much better. My
    guess is that they went to PDF to help prevent altering of the bill. It's
    trivial to alter the HTML bill via a text editor. With PDF, you have to
    purchase a PDF writer application.

    -Frank

    I just checked on the VZW site and when I tried to get a printable "PDF"
    bill and all I get is a blank page. And yes I have Adobe Acrobat. There
    seems to be a problem with their website. I used to make a PDF of the
    printer friendly bill for my records. If this works it will save me making
    a PDF.

    "Evan Platt" <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:43:07 GMT, Justin <nospam@insightbb.com> wrote:
    >
    > >When did the statements move to PDF when you want a printer friendly
    > >statement?
    > >
    > >No matter what browser I use it doesn't work for me.
    >
    > You need abode Acrobat to read a PDF.
    >
    > Evan
    > --
    > To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

Verizon PDF Browsers Printers Internet Service Providers