Running GTA IV

yobo4321

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Hi there, I just wanted to ask if I can run GTA IV at medium+ settings with smooth framerates. I know it is stupid to ask something like this when I can just check recommended requirements, but I've heard lots of things about how the game specs are inaccurate and such (I've already passed recommended settings, but I think they're wrong).

My Computer Specs are:
AMD Phenom II 720 BE 2.8 ghz processor
XFX Radeon 4850 1 GB
G Skill 4 GB 1066 RAM
OS: Windows 7 RC 1 64 bit (dunno if GTA IV is compatible or not, but most other games I've run are fine)

If there is anything else you need to know, please tell me. I mostly want to see if I can run the game smoothly at medium settings. Also, do you think I can run everything at highest (or at least high) if I overclock my CPU and GPU? Thank you

Confused Stu

Distinguished
May 21, 2009

Decent quad core - check - that's the important one.
4GB RAM is very helpful, and your graphics card should be fine (especially the 1GB part).

You should be fine on medium settings, although "fine" on GTA4 is still 30-40fps (60fps+ would require half of NASAs annual budget IMHO!). Some settings you should be able to raise to high but you might have to play around with them to hit an FPS you find acceptable. You certainly won't be able to run everything at highest as you don't have a 2GB graphics card, but then I have no idea what CPU you'd need to keep it playable at highest settings but I'm not sure it's been made yet.