Outlook Express 6

Hi, I'm kinda new at Outlook and I can't seem to open any web links sent to
me in my e-mails? I can open attachemnts just fine but not internet links? I
have a few e-cards that were e-mailed to me and a real estate listing and I
can't get to them. Can anyone tell me how to? I've tried finding a way on my
own and haven't had any luck.
--
Grace
2 answers Last reply

    "Grace" <Grace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I'm kinda new at Outlook and I can't seem to open any web links sent
    > me in my e-mails? I can open attachemnts just fine but not internet links?
    > have a few e-cards that were e-mailed to me and a real estate listing and
    > can't get to them. Can anyone tell me how to? I've tried finding a way on
    > my
    > own and haven't had any luck.

    Assuming you mean Outlook Express and not Outlook, see
    From http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

    Open Windows Explorer.
    Go to Tools | Folder Options | File Types.
    Scroll down to URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol and select it.
    Click Edit or Advanced, depending on your Windows version.
    Select 'open'.
    Click Edit.

    "Application used to perform this action" should read:

    "C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\iexplore.exe" -nohome
    (Check the path to iexplore.exe to make sure that is correct and use the
    double quotes.)

    DDE should be checked and in the boxes below it you should have:

    #1:
    "%1",,-1,0,,,,
    IExplore
    #3 (blank)

    WWW_OpenURL

    URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy should be the same.

    Sometimes it is necessary to uncheck Use DDE.

    If that doesn't fix it, go to Start | Run and type

    regsvr32 urlmon.dll

    Recent versions of Outlook block URL links.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Outlook and Outlook Express are not the same application, Grace.

    1. You click on a link in an OE message and an IE window doesn't even open:

    http://www.oehelp.com/ielnk.aspx.

    2. You click on a link in an OE message and an IE window opens but it
    doesn't load:

    You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You
    Click on a Link
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
    (re-register all DLLs listed in this KB article)

    Installing the latest Cumulative Patch for IE may solve the problem as a
    side-effect. Check in at Windows Update.
    --
    OE6-specific newsgroup:

    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

    Inside Outlook Express
    http://www.insideoe.com

    Grace wrote:
    > Hi, I'm kinda new at Outlook and I can't seem to open any web links sent
    > me in my e-mails? I can open attachemnts just fine but not internet links?
    > have a few e-cards that were e-mailed to me and a real estate listing and
    > can't get to them. Can anyone tell me how to? I've tried finding a way on
    > my
    > own and haven't had any luck.

Outlook Express Microsoft Windows XP