Outlook Express 6

April 19, 2005 9:46:03 PM

Hi, I'm kinda new at Outlook and I can't seem to open any web links sent to
me in my e-mails? I can open attachemnts just fine but not internet links? I
have a few e-cards that were e-mailed to me and a real estate listing and I
can't get to them. Can anyone tell me how to? I've tried finding a way on my
own and haven't had any luck.
--
Grace

More about : outlook express

Anonymous
April 20, 2005 1:02:20 AM

"Grace" <Grace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I'm kinda new at Outlook and I can't seem to open any web links sent
> me in my e-mails? I can open attachemnts just fine but not internet links?
> have a few e-cards that were e-mailed to me and a real estate listing and
> can't get to them. Can anyone tell me how to? I've tried finding a way on
> my
> own and haven't had any luck.

Assuming you mean Outlook Express and not Outlook, see
From http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

Open Windows Explorer.
Go to Tools | Folder Options | File Types.
Scroll down to URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol and select it.
Click Edit or Advanced, depending on your Windows version.
Select 'open'.
Click Edit.

"Application used to perform this action" should read:

"C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\iexplore.exe" -nohome
(Check the path to iexplore.exe to make sure that is correct and use the
double quotes.)

DDE should be checked and in the boxes below it you should have:

#1:
"%1",,-1,0,,,,
IExplore
#3 (blank)

WWW_OpenURL

URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy should be the same.

Sometimes it is necessary to uncheck Use DDE.

If that doesn't fix it, go to Start | Run and type

regsvr32 urlmon.dll

Recent versions of Outlook block URL links.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Outlook and Outlook Express are not the same application, Grace.

1. You click on a link in an OE message and an IE window doesn't even open:

http://www.oehelp.com/ielnk.aspx.

2. You click on a link in an OE message and an IE window opens but it
doesn't load:

You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You
Click on a Link
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
(re-register all DLLs listed in this KB article)

Installing the latest Cumulative Patch for IE may solve the problem as a
side-effect. Check in at Windows Update.
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

Inside Outlook Express
http://www.insideoe.com

!