strange happenings

April 20, 2005 3:05:57 PM

Sometimes when using windows my side scroll bar seems to do strange things,
it keeps scrolling to the bottom of the page.
Also when I right click on my mouse a bell starts ringing, this also only
happens sometimes.

Anyone any ideas,
regards oxy

More about : strange happenings

Anonymous
April 20, 2005 3:05:58 PM

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 11:05:57 +0100, Oxy wrote:

> Sometimes when using windows my side scroll bar seems to do strange things,
> it keeps scrolling to the bottom of the page.

Does the mouse have a clickable wheel? This "locks" the scroll action until
you click again. If the software for the mouse is installed, it may allow
you to disable this or assign a different function to the click of the
wheel.

> Also when I right click on my mouse a bell starts ringing, this also only
> happens sometimes.

Hmm...If you are clicking on something that does not have a right click
menu, it's possible that the default ding.wav may sound to alert you to
that fact.

Another thought: I have a "Sound" tab in my Mouse control panel. I have
these sounds disabled as I don't want a noisy mouse. :)  Perhaps you have
something similar in your control panel. If you do, either disable all
sounds in this section, or disable/change the ones for right click actions.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Thanks for the help, it was my mouse causing the problem.

Best regards oxy
news:o 54P12aRFHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 11:05:57 +0100, Oxy wrote:
>
>> Sometimes when using windows my side scroll bar seems to do strange
>> things,
>> it keeps scrolling to the bottom of the page.
>
> Does the mouse have a clickable wheel? This "locks" the scroll action
> until
> you click again. If the software for the mouse is installed, it may allow
> you to disable this or assign a different function to the click of the
> wheel.
>
>> Also when I right click on my mouse a bell starts ringing, this also only
>> happens sometimes.
>
> Hmm...If you are clicking on something that does not have a right click
> menu, it's possible that the default ding.wav may sound to alert you to
> that fact.
>
> Another thought: I have a "Sound" tab in my Mouse control panel. I have
> these sounds disabled as I don't want a noisy mouse. :)  Perhaps you have
> something similar in your control panel. If you do, either disable all
> sounds in this section, or disable/change the ones for right click
> actions.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 12:38:20 PM

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:09:48 +0100, Oxy wrote:

> Thanks for the help, it was my mouse causing the problem.

You're welcome, oxy!

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User