Program Un install help See inside

April 20, 2005 11:46:05 AM

I have Acronis popup blocker installed on my machine and I would like
to un install it. The problem when I use the un installer it leaves
the following entry in the reregister.

RunDll32.exe C:\PROGRA~1\Acronis\PRIVAC~1\Blocker.dll,Run

I have deleted this but it immediately returns when I close the
registry. Then on reboot I get the error File not found.

I tried disabling the item in the program properties as well as not to
load on start, but it seems to have a mind of it's own.
I suppose the item is failing to un register but I don't know.
Any help please to get rid of this problem.

More about : program install inside

Anonymous
April 20, 2005 3:00:14 PM

I'm not familiar with the "reregister", but I would suggest you contact
Acronis directly, since this group is for Windows XP.

To contact Acronis (free) technical support:
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74

Modem Ani

"GreyTop" <GreyTop@military.com> wrote in message
> I have Acronis popup blocker installed on my machine and I would like
> to un install it. The problem when I use the un installer it leaves
> the following entry in the reregister.
>
> RunDll32.exe C:\PROGRA~1\Acronis\PRIVAC~1\Blocker.dll,Run
>
> I have deleted this but it immediately returns when I close the
> registry. Then on reboot I get the error File not found.
>
> I tried disabling the item in the program properties as well as not to
> load on start, but it seems to have a mind of it's own.
> I suppose the item is failing to un register but I don't know.
> Any help please to get rid of this problem.
April 20, 2005 6:24:29 PM

In news:%23$ld4lbRFHA.4028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Modem Ani <notquinoas@notmyrealbox.com> had this to say:

> I'm not familiar with the "reregister", but I would suggest you
> contact Acronis directly, since this group is for Windows XP.
>
> To contact Acronis (free) technical support:
> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74
>
> Modem Ani

And if that doesn't work, strange as this sounds, install it again and then
uninstall it. I know, it sounds strange, but it has been known to work.

Galen
April 20, 2005 6:24:30 PM

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:24:29 -0400, "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com>
wrote:

>In news:%23$ld4lbRFHA.4028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
>Modem Ani <notquinoas@notmyrealbox.com> had this to say:

>> I'm not familiar with the "reregister", but I would suggest you
>> contact Acronis directly, since this group is for Windows XP.
>>
>> To contact Acronis (free) technical support:
>> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74
>>
>> Modem Ani
>
>And if that doesn't work, strange as this sounds, install it again and then
>uninstall it. I know, it sounds strange, but it has been known to work.
>
>Galen
I reinstalled and the program works but I have it disabled in the
program and set to NOT load on start. It still loads anyway. I am at
my wits end on this one.
It has not been addressed in the forum only mentioned in one place and
that did not get any replies.
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 6:24:31 PM

I think the point was to re-install it and then uninstall it again to see if
that helps.

There are 3 places/ways that can run a program at startup: the registry, as
a service, and the startup folder. The preferences of the program itself is
a good place to disable it. Look in your services panel (Start > Run >
services.msc) for a service related to your program. If it's there, disable
it.

It may also be starting in the run key:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

or the RunOnce key:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

Remember that making changes to the registry can be dangerous, so backup
before you edit and edit with extreme caution!

!