How to put My Documents on desktop?

I am using XP Pro SP2. I think I screwed up a "natural"
mechanism by some of my own shenanigans, which I probably
should not have done in the first place.

Situation: My Documents no longer appears on the
desktop. The folder is still there under my account
folder (c:\Documents and Settings\joeu).

Actually, I tried to correct the situation by selecting
Send to \ Desktop. But that creates a shortcut.

Looking at another login ("jane"), I see that My Documents
is not usually a shortcut. There are other subtle
differences between the My Documents shortcut on joeu's
desktop and the "real" My Documents icon on jane's
desktop.

How do I get "joeu's Documents" to behave like "jane's
Documents" again so that My Documents appears on the
desktop when "joeu" logs in?

Modem Ani wrote:
> Right-click on the desktop and select Properties - Desktop tab -
> Customize Desktop button - General tab.

Bingo! Thanks. I "knew" I had seen that option somewhere,
but I could not remember where. Klunk! Thanks again.

Right-click on the desktop and select Properties - Desktop tab - Customize
Desktop button - General tab.

Modem Ani

<joeu2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am using XP Pro SP2. I think I screwed up a "natural"
> mechanism by some of my own shenanigans, which I probably
> should not have done in the first place.
>
> Situation: My Documents no longer appears on the
> desktop. The folder is still there under my account
> folder (c:\Documents and Settings\joeu).
>
> Actually, I tried to correct the situation by selecting
> Send to \ Desktop. But that creates a shortcut.
>
> Looking at another login ("jane"), I see that My Documents
> is not usually a shortcut. There are other subtle
> differences between the My Documents shortcut on joeu's
> desktop and the "real" My Documents icon on jane's
> desktop.
>
> How do I get "joeu's Documents" to behave like "jane's
> Documents" again so that My Documents appears on the
> desktop when "joeu" logs in?

go to My Documents on start menu....right click....select "Show On DEsktop".
Simple!