FAX using Windows XP Pro with DSL Modem

vinCe

What facility does Win XP Pro have for sending and receiving FAXes ?

Can FAXes be sent/received via a DSL modem, e.g. without use of a
data-FAX modem?

XP has a build in fax program but you need a fax modem/data modem to send
faxes.
You cannot directly send faxes thru a DSL/Cable modem but there are services
on the web that will receive your fax thru the Cable/DSL modem and re send
it to its destination.
Do a Google for Internet Fax
peterk

safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
"Vince" <NoSPAM2THISHAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> What facility does Win XP Pro have for sending and receiving FAXes ?
>
> Can FAXes be sent/received via a DSL modem, e.g. without use of a
> data-FAX modem?

vinCe

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:50:25 -0600, "peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net>
wrote:

>XP has a build in fax program but you need a fax modem/data modem to send
>faxes.
>You cannot directly send faxes thru a DSL/Cable modem but there are services
>on the web that will receive your fax thru the Cable/DSL modem and re send
>it to its destination.
>Do a Google for Internet Fax
>peterk

Thank you very much.

LeRoy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have winxp home and I have dsl modem
I also have a fax modem can you please tell me how to set it up. Thank you
very much. "peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net> wrote in message
> XP has a build in fax program but you need a fax modem/data modem to send
> faxes.
> You cannot directly send faxes thru a DSL/Cable modem but there are
> services on the web that will receive your fax thru the Cable/DSL modem
> and re send it to its destination.
> Do a Google for Internet Fax
> peterk
>
> --
> "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
> safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
> sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
> used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
> "Vince" <NoSPAM2THISHAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>

>> What facility does Win XP Pro have for sending and receiving FAXes ?
>>
>> Can FAXes be sent/received via a DSL modem, e.g. without use of a
>> data-FAX modem?

Hi there Leroy,

See if this helps:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/crawford_02october21.mspx