FAX using Windows XP Pro with DSL Modem

What facility does Win XP Pro have for sending and receiving FAXes ?

Can FAXes be sent/received via a DSL modem, e.g. without use of a
data-FAX modem?
4 answers Last reply
More about windows modem

    XP has a build in fax program but you need a fax modem/data modem to send
    faxes.
    You cannot directly send faxes thru a DSL/Cable modem but there are services
    on the web that will receive your fax thru the Cable/DSL modem and re send
    it to its destination.
    Do a Google for Internet Fax
    peterk

    safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
    sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

    On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:50:25 -0600, "peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net>
    wrote:

    >XP has a build in fax program but you need a fax modem/data modem to send
    >faxes.
    >You cannot directly send faxes thru a DSL/Cable modem but there are services
    >on the web that will receive your fax thru the Cable/DSL modem and re send
    >it to its destination.
    >Do a Google for Internet Fax
    >peterk

    Thank you very much.

    I have winxp home and I have dsl modem
    I also have a fax modem can you please tell me how to set it up. Thank you
    very much. "peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net> wrote in message
    > XP has a build in fax program but you need a fax modem/data modem to send
    > faxes.
    > You cannot directly send faxes thru a DSL/Cable modem but there are
    > services on the web that will receive your fax thru the Cable/DSL modem
    > and re send it to its destination.
    > Do a Google for Internet Fax
    > peterk
    >
    > --
    > "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
    > safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
    > sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
    > used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    > "Vince" <NoSPAM2THISHAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >> What facility does Win XP Pro have for sending and receiving FAXes ?
    >>
    >> Can FAXes be sent/received via a DSL modem, e.g. without use of a
    >> data-FAX modem?

    Hi there Leroy,

    See if this helps:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/crawford_02october21.mspx

    HTH
    Venkatesh

    "Leroy" wrote:

    > I have winxp home and I have dsl modem
    > I also have a fax modem can you please tell me how to set it up. Thank you
    > very much. "peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net> wrote in message
    > > XP has a build in fax program but you need a fax modem/data modem to send
    > > faxes.
    > > You cannot directly send faxes thru a DSL/Cable modem but there are
    > > services on the web that will receive your fax thru the Cable/DSL modem
    > > and re send it to its destination.
    > > Do a Google for Internet Fax
    > > peterk
    > >
    > > --
    > > "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
    > > safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
    > > sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
    > > used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    > > "Vince" <NoSPAM2THISHAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >>

    > >> What facility does Win XP Pro have for sending and receiving FAXes ?
    > >>
    > >> Can FAXes be sent/received via a DSL modem, e.g. without use of a
    > >> data-FAX modem?

DSL Modem Fax Windows XP