a b α HP
a b F Wireless
a b \ Driver
September 5, 2004 6:33:37 PM

I have a hp pavilion a265c desktop. For a variety of reasons, I recently
decided to perform a low-level re-format of my harddrive and install a clean
copy of Windows XP Pro, SP2. I've managed to get drivers for nearly all of
my hardware, however, not my HP wireless keyboard. For some reason, HP says
that the only way to get the full drivers for the key board is to use my
rescue disk to reinstall the original system configuration (XP Home, plus
lots of garbage software). The downloadable drivers on their we site also
require that the original drivers be on the machine be present. Since I'm
not using the original system configuration, this is not an option for me.
Any idea where I can download the full driver set for HP's wireless key
board/mouse?

Bob
September 6, 2004 12:35:31 PM

"Robert Boudra" <rboudra@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I have a hp pavilion a265c desktop. For a variety of reasons, I recently
> decided to perform a low-level re-format of my harddrive and install a
clean
> copy of Windows XP Pro, SP2. I've managed to get drivers for nearly all
of
> my hardware, however, not my HP wireless keyboard. For some reason, HP
says
> that the only way to get the full drivers for the key board is to use my
> rescue disk to reinstall the original system configuration (XP Home, plus
> lots of garbage software). The downloadable drivers on their we site also
> require that the original drivers be on the machine be present. Since I'm
> not using the original system configuration, this is not an option for me.
> Any idea where I can download the full driver set for HP's wireless key
> board/mouse?
>
> Bob

Is this what you are looking for?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadInde...

You may have to cut and past the link back together.

You could also restore using the rescue disk, save the drivers, and then
start over.

craigm
Anonymous
a b α HP
a b F Wireless
a b \ Driver
September 6, 2004 3:30:47 PM

Yes, that was it! I thought that I had searched the HP site thoroughly, but
I guess I missed it. Thanks!

Bob

"craigm" <none@domain.invalid> wrote in message

> "Robert Boudra" <rboudra@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I have a hp pavilion a265c desktop. For a variety of reasons, I recently
>> decided to perform a low-level re-format of my harddrive and install a
> clean
>> copy of Windows XP Pro, SP2. I've managed to get drivers for nearly all
> of
>> my hardware, however, not my HP wireless keyboard. For some reason, HP
> says
>> that the only way to get the full drivers for the key board is to use my
>> rescue disk to reinstall the original system configuration (XP Home, plus
>> lots of garbage software). The downloadable drivers on their we site
>> also
>> require that the original drivers be on the machine be present. Since
>> I'm
>> not using the original system configuration, this is not an option for
>> me.
>> Any idea where I can download the full driver set for HP's wireless key
>> board/mouse?
>>
>> Bob
>>

> Is this what you are looking for?
>
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadInde...
>

> You may have to cut and past the link back together.
>

> You could also restore using the rescue disk, save the drivers, and then
> start over.
>

> craigm

a b α HP
a b F Wireless
a b \ Driver
September 25, 2004 9:18:45 AM

Hello all,

I, too have this marvelous piece of HP technology. Since the unit was new,
the programmable buttons (and the associated setup software) seem to have a
mind of their own.

They worked fine for a while, then suddenly the key assignments are blank,
or even worse the "Buttons" tab is completely missing. I've downloaded and
installed every set of drivers available and finally gave up. HP tech
support's solution was to send me a new keyboard, which as you might guess
did nothing to solve the software issue.

A couple of weeks back, without warning, the programmables began working :)
For 24 hours then stopped again.:(

I've since upgraded to SP2.

Anyone have any suggestions for a better fix?

Thanx in advance,

Steve

"Robert Boudra" <rboudra@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have a hp pavilion a265c desktop. For a variety of reasons, I recently
>decided to perform a low-level re-format of my harddrive and install a
>clean copy of Windows XP Pro, SP2. I've managed to get drivers for nearly
>all of my hardware, however, not my HP wireless keyboard. For some reason,
>HP says that the only way to get the full drivers for the key board is to
>use my rescue disk to reinstall the original system configuration (XP Home,
>plus lots of garbage software). The downloadable drivers on their we site
>also require that the original drivers be on the machine be present. Since
>I'm not using the original system configuration, this is not an option for
>me. Any idea where I can download the full driver set for HP's wireless key
>board/mouse?
>
> Bob

Anonymous
a b α HP
a b F Wireless
a b \ Driver
September 26, 2004 2:35:21 PM

Steve:

The driver that craigm referred me to in the message above for me did the
trick in my case.

Bob

"medman53" <medman53@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I, too have this marvelous piece of HP technology. Since the unit was new,
> the programmable buttons (and the associated setup software) seem to have
> a mind of their own.
>
> They worked fine for a while, then suddenly the key assignments are blank,
> or even worse the "Buttons" tab is completely missing. I've downloaded and
> installed every set of drivers available and finally gave up. HP tech
> support's solution was to send me a new keyboard, which as you might guess
> did nothing to solve the software issue.
>
> A couple of weeks back, without warning, the programmables began working
> :)  For 24 hours then stopped again.:(
>
> I've since upgraded to SP2.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions for a better fix?
>
> Thanx in advance,
>
> Steve
>

> "Robert Boudra" <rboudra@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I have a hp pavilion a265c desktop. For a variety of reasons, I recently
>>decided to perform a low-level re-format of my harddrive and install a
>>clean copy of Windows XP Pro, SP2. I've managed to get drivers for nearly
>>all of my hardware, however, not my HP wireless keyboard. For some
>>reason, HP says that the only way to get the full drivers for the key
>>board is to use my rescue disk to reinstall the original system
>>configuration (XP Home, plus lots of garbage software). The downloadable
>>drivers on their we site also require that the original drivers be on the
>>machine be present. Since I'm not using the original system
>>configuration, this is not an option for me. Any idea where I can download
>>the full driver set for HP's wireless key board/mouse?
>>
>> Bob

Anonymous
a b α HP
a b F Wireless
a b \ Driver
September 27, 2004 8:21:32 AM

Hi Bob,
Just to clarify: These are the original drivers that came with my machine
when it was new? Will they install over the ones that are currently in place
(which were installed -and not working reliably) before my SP2 upgrade?

HP's latest drivers carry instructions to install BEFORE SP2 is installed.

Thanx for the reply,
Steve

> Steve:
>
> The driver that craigm referred me to in the message above for me did the
> trick in my case.
>
> Bob
>
> "medman53" <medman53@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I, too have this marvelous piece of HP technology. Since the unit was
>> new, the programmable buttons (and the associated setup software) seem to
>> have a mind of their own.
>>
>> They worked fine for a while, then suddenly the key assignments are
>> blank, or even worse the "Buttons" tab is completely missing. I've
>> downloaded and installed every set of drivers available and finally gave
>> up. HP tech support's solution was to send me a new keyboard, which as
>> you might guess did nothing to solve the software issue.
>>
>> A couple of weeks back, without warning, the programmables began working
>> :)  For 24 hours then stopped again.:(
>>
>> I've since upgraded to SP2.
>>
>> Anyone have any suggestions for a better fix?
>>
>> Thanx in advance,
>>
>> Steve
>>

>> "Robert Boudra" <rboudra@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>I have a hp pavilion a265c desktop. For a variety of reasons, I recently
>>>decided to perform a low-level re-format of my harddrive and install a
>>>clean copy of Windows XP Pro, SP2. I've managed to get drivers for
>>>nearly all of my hardware, however, not my HP wireless keyboard. For
>>>some reason, HP says that the only way to get the full drivers for the
>>>key board is to use my rescue disk to reinstall the original system
>>>configuration (XP Home, plus lots of garbage software). The downloadable
>>>drivers on their we site also require that the original drivers be on the
>>>machine be present. Since I'm not using the original system
>>>configuration, this is not an option for me. Any idea where I can
>>>download the full driver set for HP's wireless key board/mouse?
>>>
>>> Bob

Anonymous
a b α HP
a b F Wireless
a b \ Driver
September 28, 2004 9:45:33 AM

I'm afraid I really can't help you there. I started out with a low level
format of my hard drive, then installed XP Pro SP1. I installed the drivers
before I upgraded to SP2. I don't have any idea how your system will react
if you install the drivers on your machine. Sorry I couldn't help more.

!