Sign in with
Your question

Icons loose origonal graphics

Last response: in Windows 7
August 28, 2010 8:52:46 PM

Hi I have a windows 7 as a OS and am having problems with what appears to be random icons simply loosing their origonal graphics apperance. I have lost the graphics for outlook 2010 on task bar and in start menu as is the case with the iTunes graphics ? they both work in that the icons when clicked on open the program however its a pain and shouldnt happen, can you assist please ?

August 28, 2010 9:13:41 PM

This happens to me with updates to itunes - whenever i update itunes, it will require me to delete its shortcut and re-pin to taskbar to get its icon back

for outlook - im not so sure as i have the same, but never loose its icon... but try the above for this as well (might also have to do with microsoft updates to office products - but like i said never happens to me)

also itunes is the only program i have on my taskbar that does this (chrome - outlook 2010 - windows media player - itunes - steam - photoshop cs5 - photoshop cs4 - 3d studio max 2011 64bit - hulu desktop)
m
l
August 28, 2010 10:21:52 PM

thanks, however my itune & outlook icons have lost their graphics as desktop icons as well as if they are in the taskbar. Also when I click start and go to the default icons in start menu the itunes and outlook icons are there have also lost graphics ?
m
l
Related resources
August 28, 2010 10:41:59 PM

thanks heaps will try now
m
l
August 28, 2010 10:50:21 PM

run out of time will try later today - thanks again
m
l
August 29, 2010 3:57:55 AM

Apprentice your toooo good - it worked a treat, all back to normal and notes made for future refernce - thanks heaps
m
l
!