Getting to your desktop

I recently installed Windows XP. In my previous version of Windows, I had a
small icon at the bottom tool bar that I could click on to minimize
everything at one time at let me see my desktop. I do not see any such
feature on this version of Windows. Does anyone know if there is one?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:53DE2D16-8369-4A68-B8C7-CEAC7D7EE89C@microsoft.com,
Stacie <Stacie@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I recently installed Windows XP. In my previous version of Windows,
> I had a small icon at the bottom tool bar that I could click on to
> minimize everything at one time at let me see my desktop. I do not
> see any such feature on this version of Windows. Does anyone know if
> there is one?

Yeah you could make one but here's a better idea... Do you see your WinKey?
It's down near the ctrl + alt on the left hand side of your keyboard or on
the upper right on some laptops. Press and hold that and then press the "D"
key on the keyboard. No mouse, no clicking, it's easy, and will save you the
trouble of using quicklaunch space.

Galen

Hi

Right click on the taskbar and select Toolbars>Quick Launch. You should the
icon then.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Stacie" <Stacie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently installed Windows XP. In my previous version of Windows, I had
> small icon at the bottom tool bar that I could click on to minimize
> everything at one time at let me see my desktop. I do not see any such
> feature on this version of Windows. Does anyone know if there is one?

Thank you so much! That worked

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Right click on the taskbar and select Toolbars>Quick Launch. You should the
> icon then.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Stacie" <Stacie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently installed Windows XP. In my previous version of Windows, I had
> > small icon at the bottom tool bar that I could click on to minimize
> > everything at one time at let me see my desktop. I do not see any such
> > feature on this version of Windows. Does anyone know if there is one?

You're welcome.