WindowsXP Fax Not Answering Remote Prefix Numbers

I can send a Fax with out problem. No other program uses the modem.

I can receive a fax when I call from a number with the same area code and
prefix. But I cannot receive a fax from a number with same area code but a
different prefix.

Any Suggestions?

Firewall?
Third Party Anti-virus?
Norton?
AOL?
1 answer Last reply
More about windowsxp answering remote prefix numbers

    Please visit the Fax experts in the Fax newsgroup:

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "vegasjoe" wrote:

    | I can send a Fax with out problem. No other program uses the modem.
    |
    | I can receive a fax when I call from a number with the same area code and
    | prefix. But I cannot receive a fax from a number with same area code but a
    | different prefix.
    |
    | Any Suggestions?
    |
    | Firewall?
    | Third Party Anti-virus?