I'm at wits end. I just put together the following system:

Soyo 875p dragon 2 platinum
p4 3.0 Ghz 800 fsb
2 sticks pc3500 corsair
2 6y120mo maxtor SATA drives
520 vantec stealth power supply
lite on DVD and CDRW
xp pro

I have the hard drives connected to the intel ICH5R(SATA 1 and SATA 2)

I configure bios for SATA, enable raid, boot from CD, press ctrl + I and create a raid array (just use defaults), Cd starts, press f6, install raid drivers, create a partition, format using NTFS, then it goes really fast (progress bar) and says it can't format- check your conections or the disk may be damaged.

-I've used different cables
-I've partitioned different sizes for windows
-NTFS quick or normal don't work
-I've tried different bios options
-Each hard drive has its own power line coming from the power supply

It recognizes the drives because it says unpartitioned space 234488. The raid array also recognizes the drives as normal.

Just called maxtor and they told me to call SOYO. This sucks. What should I do? Please help me.

Thanks

Prof133

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2003
This is just a test: try connecting them to the Silicon Image SATA (RAID) controller.

<b><font color=blue>Logic over all.</font color=blue></b>

low5100

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2003
I used the Silicon Image SATA RAID controller on my Abit IC7-G and it works great. At first I tried the Intel one and it was nothing but problems.

----------------
P4 2.8 w/800fsb - Abit IC7-G - 2 512meg Corsair XMS 3200 - Leadtek GF4 TI-4400 - 2 WD 80gig SE's in SATA Raid 0 - 550watt Antec True Control

qbert

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2003
Hey,

I tried to install using the Silicon Image controller. I was able to format and it installed about 80% of windows when I got a blue screen. So I'm not sure what is going on. I got an RMA for the board and I ordered another one- should have it tomorrow so we'll see. I guess my hard drives are ok. Must have been the motherboard. Thanks for the suggestion prof133.

By the way the board as far as layout and wokmanship is excellent. Well..I guess the workmanship isn't that great since I'm returning it. Hopefully it was just a fluke. Also, Soyo tech suppport has been suprisingly amazing. They even called me back when my phone was dying. They also called about an hour ago to see if I resolved the issue. Thats never happenned before. Bios is perfectly organized unlike what was said in the anandtech review. I didn't find anything annoying. So I'm giving it another try because it has everything I want and I think its the coolest looking board out there.

Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS