Pls don't laugh...IE launching on start up and I don't wan..

Can I change this? I have gone to my start up menu and it isn't in there...
I don't want IE launching as soon as I turn puter on. How can I stop this?
I feel so silly....

Hi

The reason for this might be you have iexplore.exe in theh startup.So
removing iexplore.exe from startup will help.

Go to Startup(button)->Programs->Startup->if you find iexplore,right click
on it and select delete.If it doesnt work

Goto Startup(button)->click run and Type msconfig and hit ok.Microsoft
System Configuration Utility screen will appear.Click on the startup tab and
clear the iexplore checkbox.

I think this will help.
Thank you.
"LF" wrote:

> Can I change this? I have gone to my start up menu and it isn't in there...
> I don't want IE launching as soon as I turn puter on. How can I stop this?
> I feel so silly....

Can't thank you enough...I NEVER would have found that on my own..lol.
Thanks again.

"prashanth" wrote:

> Hi
>
> The reason for this might be you have iexplore.exe in theh startup.So
> removing iexplore.exe from startup will help.
>
> Go to Startup(button)->Programs->Startup->if you find iexplore,right click
> on it and select delete.If it doesnt work
>
> Goto Startup(button)->click run and Type msconfig and hit ok.Microsoft
> System Configuration Utility screen will appear.Click on the startup tab and
> clear the iexplore checkbox.
>
> I think this will help.
> Thank you.
> "LF" wrote:
>
> > Can I change this? I have gone to my start up menu and it isn't in there...
> > I don't want IE launching as soon as I turn puter on. How can I stop this?
> > I feel so silly....

the other place you can try is..

start -> run

type in "msconfig" go to startup tab and have a look under there.

if not there let us know.

"LF" wrote:

> Can I change this? I have gone to my start up menu and it isn't in there...
> I don't want IE launching as soon as I turn puter on. How can I stop this?
> I feel so silly....

ah someone already answered what i said ignore my post then :D