NEED MICRO ATX MOTHERBOARD

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
There are none, SDRAM is a bad solution for any P4. If you really must do this, just pick a brand name board and go with it, newegg.com has a few.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

Jaytee

Distinguished
May 4, 2002
I'm not 100% sure, but don't both ECS and Biostar offer P4 micro-ATX boards that have slots for both sdram and ddr-sdram?
Even if so, I completly agree with Crashman, it's a low performing combination.

DEGUAYMAS

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2003
i know what u guys are saying but my sister does not want to invest money so i am looking for a cheap board. am salvageing her hp pavilian 7955 because the board died.
and it uses a p4 1.5 and sdram i am also using the tower and the rest of the junk that came with it.

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Are you sure It's a micro ATX case/PSU? a lot of the big manufacturers use weird generic mobos/cases... for instance, DELL wire their power supplies strangely, so a Dell PSU plugged into a normal ATX mobo will fry it, and Compaq Pcs are never remotely standard...

That said, It'll only cost 30 bucks more for some Crucial PC2100 DDR RAM, and the performance benifits would be enormous. plus if you get some DDR ram, your choice of motherboards is much larger.

---
:smile: :tongue: :smile:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, most HP's used standard form factor boards, in fact most were Micro ATX. Like I said, just pick a name brand unit from newegg.com

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>