Please help I have just downloaded a dvd from my computer i am wanting to
burn it on to my own dvd disc so i can watch it on telly but how do you do it
I have media windows series 10. Is there anything i need to be able to copy
it onto a disc
--
thank you very much for your help

you need:
a DVD R/RW or dual layer burner
a DVD burning program like Roxio or Nero
Be warned that Commercial Movies are usually larger a normal DVD
r/rw..........hence Dual Layer DVD
to the best of my knowledge XP only supports CD burning not DVD burning.
I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong...please
peterk

safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

"peterk" wrote:

> to the best of my knowledge XP only supports CD burning not DVD burning.
> I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong...please
> peterk

That may explain the problem I'm having: I have a Sony DVD RW DW-D22A drive
on my XP Pro SP2 machine. I've dragged and dropped files to CDs in the drive
without problem. For the first time just today I bought a pack of Verbatim
DVD+R 16x. When I attempt to drag and drop to the drive the following
appears: "Windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this file. What
do you want Windows to do?" Only cancel works. Alternately I also get this
message: "File System Error 16389". Under Properties/Recording, Enable CD
recording is checked, I have plenty of free space on the designated hard
drive and I even adjusted the write speed from "Fastest" to "16x". If XP
doesn't support DVD burning, guess I'll have to get an udate to my old Nero,
or a new Nero or Roxio. Arrrrggghhhh!

fourdivines wrote:
> That may explain the problem I'm having: I have a Sony DVD RW DW-D22A
> drive on my XP Pro SP2 machine. I've dragged and dropped files to CDs
> in the drive without problem. For the first time just today I bought
> a pack of Verbatim DVD+R 16x. When I attempt to drag and drop to the
> drive the following appears: "Windows encountered a problem when
> trying to copy this file. What do you want Windows to do?" Only
> cancel works. Alternately I also get this message: "File System Error
> 16389". Under Properties/Recording, Enable CD recording is checked, I
> have plenty of free space on the designated hard drive and I even
> adjusted the write speed from "Fastest" to "16x". If XP doesn't
> support DVD burning, guess I'll have to get an udate to my old Nero,
> or a new Nero or Roxio. Arrrrggghhhh!

Or something free...

DeepBurner Free
http://www.deepburner.com/

CDBurnerXP Pro
http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

Another Option would be to search the web with Pricewatch.com or
Dealsites.net and find deals on Nero and/or Roxio.

--
<- Shenan ->

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Or something free...
>
> DeepBurner Free
> http://www.deepburner.com/
>
> CDBurnerXP Pro
> http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

Thanks for the pointers... and I'll keep your admonition in mind - I'm the
one responsible for checking things out! You gave me a place to start.

you need a dvd burner (hardware) and dvd burning program (software).
Windows Media Player won't help you in this case (as it doesn't even PLAY
DVD's without decoder s/ware or hardware).