Asus, Albatron, Abit ???

guarddog82

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2003
I'm building a new system...need to know what the deal about the onboard ethernet is, the difference between intels CSA bus, and say..Asus using 3Com's non-CSA chipset.

What are the advantages, and will I ever need the extra bandwidth the CSA bus enables?

I download music, and stuff, but other than that, from what I've read...unless you do alot of dedicated very large file transfers back and forth...the CSA bus enabled chipset is not going to do you any favors when it comes to download speeds off the internet.

I know other boards went with Intel's CSA enabled chipset....but are around $30-40 more expensive than the Asus P4P800 Deluxe.
Is it worth the extra cash? Or a waste of money 'cause I will probably never make use of the CSA bus's advantages anyways?

I'm torn between Asus P4P800 Deluxe, Abit IS7-G, and Albatron PX 865PE PRO II..Albatron has a "somewhat limited" overclock as far as the FSB ceiling, and v-core. Asus went without the CSA bus...decisions, decisions...
Any Advice??

Thanks for your help in advance...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Do you even need deluxe features? You could get a P4P800 or IS7 standard, and save some money there! I doubt you'll ever have the chance to use gigabit lan of any type durring the lifetime of this build.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>