Counter Strike Source Issues with GTX 260

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adroid

Distinguished
This is probably redundant but after looking thru pages of threads I had to give up and ask;

Very low FPS with a GTX 260... Even worse than the Radeon x1950 I replaced. Even at minimum settings I get crap fps we are talking as low as 50ish.

Please advise

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
What is your power supply? Have you added any new memory lately, my friend had the exact same issue and it was because one of his sticks had gone bad. Thus making his performance quite inconsistent until we discovered the issue.

Best,

3Ball

Adroid

Distinguished
Running a Corsair 550, seems fine for my setup. I am curious about my ram, I tried to get memtest to run but didn't.. I need to look into that more.
All my other games run fine though..

COD 4 and 5 - Crysis, sup commander, company of heros, etc etc. Everything else I load runs great on high settings 1680x1050

Adroid

Distinguished
Q6600 @ 3ghz
4 Gig ram ddr2 5-5-5-18
GTX 260 Core 216 mild overclock
64 bit ultimate
550W Corsair

Its not my system. I run crysis, COD 4/5, Warhammer 2, Company of heros, Supreme Commander- 1680/1050 screen at high resolution and my machine runs smooth on all..

CS:Source sucks, and I can't figure out why.... I updated driver I think it helped a little but still get fps spikes low... Wierd, but I don't really care because I am about done with CS anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.