Windows Firewall

Need some help with determinig how to allow certain software to operate. I am
a new windows (XP) user. I downloaded a program that allows (or should allow)
me to access the/a web site and do specific flight planning. I downloaded the
required software succesfully, however, when I double click he downloaded
software to access the spwcific web site/server, I am unable to do so. I
contacted the software company and theysent me two pages which seems to
indicate that the firewall is preventing me from accessing the server. I do
not really understand what they sent as it is very technical. They also
suggested I contact my IT department. Right! My IT department is me. Anyway,
if someone just undestood what I tryed to convey, I would again appreciate
some help and or guidence.
Thanks
--
Sammy

Sammy NN Help wrote:
> Need some help with determinig how to allow certain software to operate. I am
> a new windows (XP) user. I downloaded a program that allows (or should allow)
> me to access the/a web site and do specific flight planning. I downloaded the
> required software succesfully, however, when I double click he downloaded
> software to access the spwcific web site/server, I am unable to do so. I
> contacted the software company and theysent me two pages which seems to
> indicate that the firewall is preventing me from accessing the server. I do
> not really understand what they sent as it is very technical. They also
> suggested I contact my IT department. Right! My IT department is me. Anyway,
> if someone just undestood what I tryed to convey, I would again appreciate
> some help and or guidence.
> Thanks

It's exceedingly unlikely that WinXP's very rudimentary built-in
firewall is preventing your accessing only one specific web-site. It
doesn't monitor out-going network connections.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm