norton live update ?

I ran my norton live update and it came up Lu1814 live update could not
retrive update list. I am connected to the internet and it worked fine
yesterday. Does anyone know what I can do? I ran the support assistant on
there site and it said everything was ok. Please help...and thank you.

milt

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

Chere,
The first thing I'd try is to temporarily disable your firewall and try
Live Update again. If that works it will mean that you must add Symantec's
Live Update to your "Trusted List" in your firewall program.

Milt

"chere" wrote:

> I ran my norton live update and it came up Lu1814 live update could not
> retrive update list. I am connected to the internet and it worked fine
> yesterday. Does anyone know what I can do? I ran the support assistant on
> there site and it said everything was ok. Please help...and thank you.

milt

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

Chere,

Sorry, I forgot to say it, but be sure to reenable your firewall
afterward.

Milt

"Milt" wrote:

> Chere,
> The first thing I'd try is to temporarily disable your firewall and try
> Live Update again. If that works it will mean that you must add Symantec's
> Live Update to your "Trusted List" in your firewall program.
>

> Milt
>
> "chere" wrote:
>
> > I ran my norton live update and it came up Lu1814 live update could not
> > retrive update list. I am connected to the internet and it worked fine
> > yesterday. Does anyone know what I can do? I ran the support assistant on
> > there site and it said everything was ok. Please help...and thank you.

Error: "LU1814: LiveUpdate could not retrieve the update list":
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/pfdocs/2002082616293813

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

chere wrote:
> I ran my norton live update and it came up Lu1814 live update could not
> retrive update list. I am connected to the internet and it worked fine
> yesterday. Does anyone know what I can do? I ran the support assistant on
> there site and it said everything was ok. Please help...and thank you.

Miles

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2004

chere wrote:
> I ran my norton live update and it came up Lu1814 live update could not
> retrive update list. I am connected to the internet and it worked fine
> yesterday. Does anyone know what I can do? I ran the support assistant on
> there site and it said everything was ok. Please help...and thank you.

This also happened to me today, and after wasting a half an hour
following Symantec's suggestions, gave up. Three hours later tried
again, and it downloaded. Can only assume that the site was down for
awhile -- and as usual Symantec doesn't tell you that they have a
problem; instead they waste your time. Is that sufficient to give up
Symantec? No, not by itself, but couple with their other problems, I am
ready to switch to another antivirus and forget NSW.

Miles

chere wrote:
> I ran my norton live update and it came up Lu1814 live update could
> not retrive update list. I am connected to the internet and it worked
> fine yesterday. Does anyone know what I can do? I ran the support
> assistant on there site and it said everything was ok. Please
> help...and thank you.

Welcome to Symatec Technical Support
www.symantec.com/support.

Thanks everyone for the help. It must have been there problem because live
update is working fine this morning. It would be nice if Systematic would
notify you when they have a problem.

chere wrote:
> Thanks everyone for the help. It must have been there problem because
> live update is working fine this morning. It would be nice if
> Systematic would notify you when they have a problem.

What has http://www.systematic.com/ to do with NAV?

Try the norton group(s) for your Norton's product.

First though, check your firewall is allowing "LiveUpdate" to access the
'net to retrieve the updates (should be listed in "Exceptions" or "Trusted
Programs" or the like.

> chere wrote:
>> Thanks everyone for the help. It must have been there problem because
>> live update is working fine this morning. It would be nice if
>> Systematic would notify you when they have a problem.
>
> What has http://www.systematic.com/ to do with NAV?

Nothing? the site is www.symantec.com!

You misread it. None of the posts on this thread mention anything about
systematic.com

> --
> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

Andy, think you made need a few winks, as the OP clearly mentioned
Systematic in their reply to miles: "It would be nice if Systematic..."

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"