Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

norton live update ?

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 9:48:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

I ran my norton live update and it came up Lu1814 live update could not
retrive update list. I am connected to the internet and it worked fine
yesterday. Does anyone know what I can do? I ran the support assistant on
there site and it said everything was ok. Please help...and thank you.

More about : norton live update

April 22, 2005 11:01:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Chere,
The first thing I'd try is to temporarily disable your firewall and try
Live Update again. If that works it will mean that you must add Symantec's
Live Update to your "Trusted List" in your firewall program.


Milt

"chere" wrote:

> I ran my norton live update and it came up Lu1814 live update could not
> retrive update list. I am connected to the internet and it worked fine
> yesterday. Does anyone know what I can do? I ran the support assistant on
> there site and it said everything was ok. Please help...and thank you.
April 22, 2005 11:07:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Chere,

Sorry, I forgot to say it, but be sure to reenable your firewall
afterward.

Milt

"Milt" wrote:

> Chere,
> The first thing I'd try is to temporarily disable your firewall and try
> Live Update again. If that works it will mean that you must add Symantec's
> Live Update to your "Trusted List" in your firewall program.
>
>
> Milt
>
> "chere" wrote:
>
> > I ran my norton live update and it came up Lu1814 live update could not
> > retrive update list. I am connected to the internet and it worked fine
> > yesterday. Does anyone know what I can do? I ran the support assistant on
> > there site and it said everything was ok. Please help...and thank you.
Related resources
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 3:14:10 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Error: "LU1814: LiveUpdate could not retrieve the update list":
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/pfd...

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

chere wrote:
> I ran my norton live update and it came up Lu1814 live update could not
> retrive update list. I am connected to the internet and it worked fine
> yesterday. Does anyone know what I can do? I ran the support assistant on
> there site and it said everything was ok. Please help...and thank you.
April 23, 2005 3:53:53 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

chere wrote:
> I ran my norton live update and it came up Lu1814 live update could not
> retrive update list. I am connected to the internet and it worked fine
> yesterday. Does anyone know what I can do? I ran the support assistant on
> there site and it said everything was ok. Please help...and thank you.

This also happened to me today, and after wasting a half an hour
following Symantec's suggestions, gave up. Three hours later tried
again, and it downloaded. Can only assume that the site was down for
awhile -- and as usual Symantec doesn't tell you that they have a
problem; instead they waste your time. Is that sufficient to give up
Symantec? No, not by itself, but couple with their other problems, I am
ready to switch to another antivirus and forget NSW.

Miles
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 6:09:35 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

chere wrote:
> I ran my norton live update and it came up Lu1814 live update could
> not retrive update list. I am connected to the internet and it worked
> fine yesterday. Does anyone know what I can do? I ran the support
> assistant on there site and it said everything was ok. Please
> help...and thank you.

Welcome to Symatec Technical Support
www.symantec.com/support.

--
In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 10:50:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Thanks everyone for the help. It must have been there problem because live
update is working fine this morning. It would be nice if Systematic would
notify you when they have a problem.

"Miles" wrote:

> chere wrote:
> > I ran my norton live update and it came up Lu1814 live update could not
> > retrive update list. I am connected to the internet and it worked fine
> > yesterday. Does anyone know what I can do? I ran the support assistant on
> > there site and it said everything was ok. Please help...and thank you.
>
> This also happened to me today, and after wasting a half an hour
> following Symantec's suggestions, gave up. Three hours later tried
> again, and it downloaded. Can only assume that the site was down for
> awhile -- and as usual Symantec doesn't tell you that they have a
> problem; instead they waste your time. Is that sufficient to give up
> Symantec? No, not by itself, but couple with their other problems, I am
> ready to switch to another antivirus and forget NSW.
>
> Miles
>
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 3:05:52 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

chere wrote:
> Thanks everyone for the help. It must have been there problem because
> live update is working fine this morning. It would be nice if
> Systematic would notify you when they have a problem.

What has http://www.systematic.com/ to do with NAV?



--
In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 6:51:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Try the norton group(s) for your Norton's product.

First though, check your firewall is allowing "LiveUpdate" to access the
'net to retrieve the updates (should be listed in "Exceptions" or "Trusted
Programs" or the like.



"chere" <chere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:AB4C82D1-9C16-40AA-881E-9C0F6B6C7C24@microsoft.com...
>I ran my norton live update and it came up Lu1814 live update could not
> retrive update list. I am connected to the internet and it worked fine
> yesterday. Does anyone know what I can do? I ran the support assistant on
> there site and it said everything was ok. Please help...and thank you.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 6:53:58 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
news:7Fzae.15610$5I1.6499@fe06.highwinds-media.phx...
> chere wrote:
>> Thanks everyone for the help. It must have been there problem because
>> live update is working fine this morning. It would be nice if
>> Systematic would notify you when they have a problem.
>
> What has http://www.systematic.com/ to do with NAV?
>
Nothing? the site is www.symantec.com!

You misread it. None of the posts on this thread mention anything about
systematic.com

>
> --
> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 12:31:04 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Andy, think you made need a few winks, as the OP clearly mentioned
Systematic in their reply to miles: "It would be nice if Systematic..."

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"Andrew Murray" <SPAMadmurray@BUSTER.iinet.net.au> wrote in message
news:%23S2SQOWSFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
> news:7Fzae.15610$5I1.6499@fe06.highwinds-media.phx...
>> chere wrote:
>>> Thanks everyone for the help. It must have been there problem because
>>> live update is working fine this morning. It would be nice if
>>> Systematic would notify you when they have a problem.
>>
>> What has http://www.systematic.com/ to do with NAV?
>>
> Nothing? the site is www.symantec.com!
>
> You misread it. None of the posts on this thread mention anything about
> systematic.com
>
>>
>> --
>> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
>>
>
>
!