Need help, no POST nForce2

Stain

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2002
I just got my new Lanparty NFII motherboard. I’ve built systems before. This one is not working. :frown:

The problem is that when I turn it on all the diagnose lights are lit (all lights lit means booting, no problem) but nothing happens, no “beep” no POST, it just sits there running. It will do this with or without RAM or graphics card or any IDE’s. Always the diagnosis lights are all light instantly when power is on. I have rechecked everything and reseated everything several times as well as tried all the jumper settings. I’m out of ideas, what gives?
I have tried a different video card (8500LE) and different ram (Samsung DDR266).

My specs:

X-Sonic Case
350 Turbolink PSU 3.3 – 24, 5 – 35, 12 – 12
DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra
AMD 2500+ Barton
SLK-800 + Smart Fan II
2x256MB Kingston HyperX DDR434
GeForce4 4400 Ti
80GB WD 800JB
plus the usual 2xCD/DVD ROM, keyboard/mouse (Microsoft) and Samsung monitor.

xeenrecoil

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
Heya Stain;

I would check the c-mos clear jumper, sometimes they are set in the clear position from the factory, look in your motherboard manual to make sure of the proper position for the jumper to ensure normal operation.

Oh and after further thought on your problem i remembered the Other power plug on the motherboard, some power supplies dont have the extra power assist plug built in for the p4 standard, Im not a AMD man so im sorry but i dont know if those boards require the extra PSU power plug or not, If so your motherboard will not initialize without the second power plug connected, check your PSU for the plug, if it doesnt have one then many motherboards are equiped with Easy plug, this allows you to plug a pre-standard power supply in and convert the power so the motherboard will run without it.

I hope i have Helped.

XeeN

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by XeeNRecoiL on 06/21/03 11:01 AM.</EM></FONT></P>