forward e-mail to txt msg

i have a web/pop3/forwarding account that ive been making an attempt to
get mails to that account to forward on to my text messages on my t720
phone..

- the problem is: -
upon setup an e-mail sends with link of some sort for
response verification so they know you arent just setting up an account to
fire bogus mail through to someone else's account, makes sense - i've read
there was an smtp.vzwmail.net server at one time, so i figured if i faked
a forward to another mail account i could definitely forward to, then
gauged what sort of verification response they wanted back, i could setup
a mail client to send out over smtp.vzwmail.net to look like my phone sent
back and thusly enabling the e-mail forwards..
- this might work.. -

- the other problem is: -
i havent gotten any response from this vzwmail.net server in the least..
so it might have been taken down..?

- my question is: -
is this feasible? am i nutty?
does nyone else have other suggestions? (i dont really want to pay 5$/mo
for a half-assed pop3 client on my phone and have the whole process of
retrieval be so slow and painful..)

please help :),

~Jeff

Can't you simply forward your message to phonenumber@vtext.com ?
e.g., 5559871234@vtext.com ?

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 00:06:12 +0000, Bob Scheurle wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 23:11:28 GMT, reff
> <reff@someserveryoudontgettoknow.com> wrote:
>> [snip]
>>does nyone else have other suggestions?
>
> Can't you simply forward your message to phonenumber@vtext.com ?
> e.g., 5559871234@vtext.com ?
thats what im trying to do, ... there might be a plugin in an email
program that'll auto forward the messages, but i was looking for more
immediate reception of e-mail..

i re read that post after i posted it.. it hurt to read the way i typed
it.. feh ;P

"reff" <reff@someserveryoudontgettoknow.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 00:06:12 +0000, Bob Scheurle wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 23:11:28 GMT, reff
> > <reff@someserveryoudontgettoknow.com> wrote:
> >> [snip]
> >>does nyone else have other suggestions?
> >
> > Can't you simply forward your message to phonenumber@vtext.com ?
> > e.g., 5559871234@vtext.com ?
> thats what im trying to do, ... there might be a plugin in an email
> program that'll auto forward the messages, but i was looking for more
> immediate reception of e-mail..

Check with your ISP. The two I use let me auto-forward messages (one
permanently, once calls it vacation forward, just been on vacation for over
a year now :). The one that allows vacation forward, also lets me create
accounts on the fly attached to my master account (it's for kids), I created
a sub-account called "MASTEXT" that only resend as text and automatically
forwards to my cell phone.

Not sure what you mean by immediate, my isp and vtext usually send it off as
a message within a sec or less of reception.. that's pretty quick.
AND it as done at the ISP end, so I don't have to log on and receive mail
before it can be done.. what if you don't log in every second or less? Then
your way would be way slower...

Do you have a Hotmail account and mobile web? I do now (didn't when I
started this, see the reply address in this post), but have a free account
on hotmail, friends can send me email on hotmail, then I just read reply off
my handset. (of course if you think typing on a keyboard is bad, imagine the
typos on email done from the keypad on a cellphone!)

Have no clue what the policies are at "someserveryoudontgettoknow"... :)

Some time around Fri, 25 Jun 2004 23:11:28 GMT (give or take a month), someone who says they are
named reff <reff@someserveryoudontgettoknow.com> fired up the tubes on the teletype and rambled on
about:

>i have a web/pop3/forwarding account that ive been making an attempt to
>get mails to that account to forward on to my text messages on my t720
>phone..

You might want to check on the character limits to text messaging. I think it might be 120
characters. Which isn't much. I tried forwarding messages to text messages and most of the message
didn't get through.

-W

TRENDING THREADS