Trying to load Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 basic edition. After setup
started, got a Win Installer window message : "one or more customizations are
not permitted by software restriction policy", and setup just stopped. I
just loaded this XP Pro sp2 edition. Any suggestions?

BillLeonard wrote:
> Trying to load Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 basic edition. After setup
> started, got a Win Installer window message : "one or more customizations are
> not permitted by software restriction policy", and setup just stopped. I
> just loaded this XP Pro sp2 edition. Any suggestions?

is the cd dirty?
sounds like your cd reader is having trouble reading the cd and u have
More than ONE instance of SETUP running

Hi,

Are you running and installing from an administrator account?
Is this a personal machine, or one from a workplace?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"BillLeonard" <BillLeonard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Trying to load Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 basic edition. After setup
> started, got a Win Installer window message : "one or more customizations
> are
> not permitted by software restriction policy", and setup just stopped. I
> just loaded this XP Pro sp2 edition. Any suggestions?

More info on this question - it is a single computer, not working from
administrator account. Just noticed that when I installed new HD with XP
install disk, the drive letter is 'E' and not 'C' as I expected. CD may not
know where to send setup data. Do I need to start over, reloading drive and
XP?

"BillLeonard" wrote:

> Trying to load Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 basic edition. After setup
> started, got a Win Installer window message : "one or more customizations are
> not permitted by software restriction policy", and setup just stopped. I
> just loaded this XP Pro sp2 edition. Any suggestions?

You need to use an "admin" account, whether it be administrator or one that
is in the administrator group.
As far as your drive being E: instead of C: that's happened to me before,
and all I did as was as you suggest, format and reinstalled from scratch.
Be sure after you installed Roxio 6, to go download the updates for XP.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"