ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

After having my PC Win XP for a few months and downloading programs,My PC
began to go sluggish on start up. I checked Micorsoft data base for help and
I found that I after viewing the task manager, I have 64 Processses running.
How can I eliminate the ones that are not neccesary. Appreciate any help.

Follow this entire link:
Step 13 specifically answers your question.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"RAY" <RAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After having my PC Win XP for a few months and downloading programs,My PC
> began to go sluggish on start up. I checked Micorsoft data base for help
> and
> I found that I after viewing the task manager, I have 64 Processses
> running.
> How can I eliminate the ones that are not neccesary. Appreciate any help.

RAY <RAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>After having my PC Win XP for a few months and downloading programs,My PC
>began to go sluggish on start up. I checked Micorsoft data base for help and
>I found that I after viewing the task manager, I have 64 Processses running.
>How can I eliminate the ones that are not neccesary. Appreciate any help.

See "How to Modify the List of Programs that Run When You Start
Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314488).

--
(tm)

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Thank you much guys. Aprreciate it much. I did see "SVCHOST" on the ist. Am
now having a better understanding

"Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

> RAY <RAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >After having my PC Win XP for a few months and downloading programs,My PC
> >began to go sluggish on start up. I checked Micorsoft data base for help and
> >I found that I after viewing the task manager, I have 64 Processses running.
> >How can I eliminate the ones that are not neccesary. Appreciate any help.
>
> See "How to Modify the List of Programs that Run When You Start
> Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314488).
>
> --
> (tm)

RAY <RAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thank you much guys. Aprreciate it much. I did see "SVCHOST" on the ist. Am
>now having a better understanding

You are welcome.

--
(tm)