Im a new user. I have not got any disks with my windows xp. I am getting
system 32 errors when i log on. What do I do? Can anyone assist, below
is the problem :eek: ??

C:\DOCUME~1\Meloney\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe3b9.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp

C:\DOCUME~1\Meloney\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe3b9.dir00\appcompat.txt

--
Mblazye

What you've posted is pretty much meaningless unfortunately.

I assume you can still get into the machine and that you're currently
posting from the machine with problems.
Do start->run->msinfo32[enter]
Expand the Software Environment branch then click on Windows Error
Reporting.
Hit ctrl-a then ctrl-c to copy the data then paste it back here.

--
Walter Clayton

"Mblazye" <Mblazye.1o0npp@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Im a new user. I have not got any disks with my windows xp. I am getting
> system 32 errors when i log on. What do I do? Can anyone assist, below
> is the problem :eek: ??
>
> C:\DOCUME~1\Meloney\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe3b9.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp
>
> C:\DOCUME~1\Meloney\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe3b9.dir00\appcompat.txt
>

> --
> Mblazye

Mblazye <Mblazye.1o0npp@pcbanter.net> wrote:

>Im a new user. I have not got any disks with my windows xp. I am getting
>system 32 errors when i log on. What do I do? Can anyone assist, below
>is the problem :eek: ??
>
>C:\DOCUME~1\Meloney\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe3b9.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp
>
>C:\DOCUME~1\Meloney\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe3b9.dir00\appcompat.txt

Both of the above references are to files in the TEMP folder for the
user "Meloney".

The file named svchost.exe.mdmp uses a naming convention that is very
frequently used for files containing viruses, trojans and/or spyware.

The first thing you need to do is to make certain that you are logged
in as the user Melaney. If not then you need to switch to that user
name. Then use Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools -
Disk Cleanup and make certain that the Temporary Files are selected
for deletion. Also the Temporary Internet Files.

Next make certain that your antivirus software is completely up to
date with the virus definition not more than a week old and do a
complete virus scan of your computer. Then get a "second opinion" by
doing a free online virus scan at one of the following sites:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

Follow this up with a visit to MVP Jim Eshelman's Spyware Quick Fix
web page at http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm and follow the
instructions there to identify and remove any spyware that may be
infesting your computer.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--