flower

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004

Should I use both zone alarm and the sp2 fire wall? Which one is the best to
use if I only use one? Thanks

"Flower" <Flower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Should I use both zone alarm and the sp2 fire wall? Which one is the best
> use if I only use one? Thanks

No. One or the other.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

pop

ZA is far better IMO. The XP fw only tracks incoming traffic; ZA will also
watch that nothing goes out to places you dn't want to go to. For my money,
Sygate has the best free firewall.
Pop
--
Let someone else do it
I'm retired!

"Flower" <Flower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Should I use both zone alarm and the sp2 fire wall? Which one is the best
> use if I only use one? Thanks

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

ZA is better and was just updated today to version 5.5.094.000

"Flower" <Flower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Should I use both zone alarm and the sp2 fire wall? Which one is the best
> use if I only use one? Thanks

Zone Alarm is far better and more configurable than the Windows Firewall.
Either way you only need to use one firewall. Using both may cause a
conflict.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Flower Wrote:
> Should I use both zone alarm and the sp2 fire wall? Which one is the
> best to
> use if I only use one? Thanks

Yep, one OR the other. XP firewall is ok for keeping check on any
installed programmes that are 'phoning home', beyond that, ok its
better than no firewall at all, stick with ZA, its straight forward to
use, effective and generally less obtrusive than some others.
paul.

--
Paul Webster