dll error message

for some reason I have recently been getting an error code 20 message,
reads-A required DLL file could not be loaded! (channell-dll) this happens
when I r/h click on most files & icons, has anyone comee accross this before
and fixed it, hopefully without a complete system reload? cheers
--
(:-)smiley
2 answers Last reply

    Hi,

    It means a context menu entry is calling that library file and it's either
    missing or damaged. Channel.dll is a Quicken file, so reinstalling that
    software may resolve the issue. Another approach would be to isolate and
    remove the context menu entry that is looking for it, see:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "des" <des@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > for some reason I have recently been getting an error code 20 message,
    > reads-A required DLL file could not be loaded! (channell-dll) this happens
    > when I r/h click on most files & icons, has anyone comee accross this
    > before
    > and fixed it, hopefully without a complete system reload? cheers
    > --
    > (:-)smiley

    I have resolved the problem now thanks for your advice, the error message I
    was getting refered to an uninstalled version of Steganos Security Suite
    trial version once the file in the startup was deleted through the Msconfig
    link all seems well now. cheers(:-)
    --
    (:-)smiley

    "des" wrote:

    > for some reason I have recently been getting an error code 20 message,
    > reads-A required DLL file could not be loaded! (channell-dll) this happens
    > when I r/h click on most files & icons, has anyone comee accross this before
    > and fixed it, hopefully without a complete system reload? cheers
    > --
    > (:-)smiley

Microsoft Error Message DLL Windows XP