lost windows games etc

hello
somehow i have lost the xp games ..pinball, card games..ive tried using the
xp disk :add/Remove windows components but then i get 'files needed' dialog
box..saying copy files from: c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386. iclick ok and
nothing happens. i go into browse,but being a novice, but havent a clue what
im looking for .any help will be greatly appreciated
thankyou
Regards
--
Alan
4 answers Last reply

    Hi: Look in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Microsoft Games

    Try more games.
    http://www.neave.com/games/

    "Gibraltar" <Gibraltar@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
    > hello
    > somehow i have lost the xp games ..pinball, card games..ive tried using
    the
    > xp disk :add/Remove windows components but then i get 'files needed'
    dialog
    > box..saying copy files from: c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386. iclick ok
    and
    > nothing happens. i go into browse,but being a novice, but havent a clue
    what
    > im looking for .any help will be greatly appreciated
    > thankyou
    > Regards
    > --
    > Alan

    hi juan,thanks for your reply,
    tried that , i get the games individually but 3d pinball gives me message:
    wavemix.inf is missing-it must be in the pinball directory.
    "Juan" wrote:

    > Hi: Look in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Microsoft Games
    >
    > Try more games.
    > http://www.neave.com/games/

    > "Gibraltar" <Gibraltar@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
    > > hello
    > > somehow i have lost the xp games ..pinball, card games..ive tried using
    > the
    > > xp disk :add/Remove windows components but then i get 'files needed'
    > dialog
    > > box..saying copy files from: c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386. iclick ok
    > and
    > > nothing happens. i go into browse,but being a novice, but havent a clue
    > what
    > > im looking for .any help will be greatly appreciated
    > > thankyou
    > > Regards
    > > --
    > > Alan

    hi juan

    ive fixed it ..downloaded" SafeDisc Windows XP Fix for Microsoft Games" from
    microsoft download centre.

    thanks for your help.
    regards
    Alan

    "Gibraltar" wrote:

    > hi juan,thanks for your reply,
    > tried that , i get the games individually but 3d pinball gives me message:
    > wavemix.inf is missing-it must be in the pinball directory.
    > "Juan" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi: Look in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Microsoft Games
    > >
    > > Try more games.
    > > http://www.neave.com/games/

    > > "Gibraltar" <Gibraltar@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
    > > > hello
    > > > somehow i have lost the xp games ..pinball, card games..ive tried using
    > > the
    > > > xp disk :add/Remove windows components but then i get 'files needed'
    > > dialog
    > > > box..saying copy files from: c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386. iclick ok
    > > and
    > > > nothing happens. i go into browse,but being a novice, but havent a clue
    > > what
    > > > im looking for .any help will be greatly appreciated
    > > > thankyou
    > > > Regards
    > > > --
    > > > Alan

    Glad you fixed it on your own, that also happened with my
    computer,... it happened to be only the shortcuts were missing
    in the Start Menu, all games were where they should be,
    but Pinball also gave me some trouble to find... it turned out
    I had been looking in the wrong place, finally found it in;
    C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Pinball...

    regards.

    > hi juan
    >
    > ive fixed it ..downloaded" SafeDisc Windows XP Fix for Microsoft Games"
    from
    > microsoft download centre.
    >
    > thanks for your help.
    > regards
    > Alan
    >

    > "Gibraltar" wrote:
    >
    > > hi juan,thanks for your reply,
    > > tried that , i get the games individually but 3d pinball gives me
    message:
    > > wavemix.inf is missing-it must be in the pinball directory.
    > > "Juan" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi: Look in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Microsoft Games
    > > >
    > > > Try more games.
    > > > http://www.neave.com/games/

    > > > "Gibraltar" <Gibraltar@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el
    mensaje