[Printer] HP Laserjet 2100 - stops printing

hi,

I have a HP Laserjet 2100 printer controlled and a Windows XP PC.

When i want to print 8 pages at one time it stops printing at about page 5.
2 papers are jammed. The documents are just plain text.

I tried to clear the nvram by pressing the button "job cancel" at startup
but that didn't help.

What can i do ?

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about printer laserjet 2100 stops printing

    hi Steven,

    turn printer off and back on.
    print a configuration page by pressing and holding the little button and
    then fast pressing the big button once.
    release both buttons now and wait for the self test page to print.
    look for the page count, how many pages ?
    look at the status log, i guess there are only code 50013 errors...
    am i right ?

    where are you located ?

    "James" <nomail@microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
    > hi Steven,
    >
    > turn printer off and back on.
    > print a configuration page by pressing and holding the little button and
    > then fast pressing the big button once.
    > release both buttons now and wait for the self test page to print.
    > look for the page count, how many pages ?
    > look at the status log, i guess there are only code 50013 errors...
    > am i right ?
    >
    > where are you located ?
    >

    > "Steven" <geen> schreef in bericht
    > > hi,
    > >
    > > I have a HP Laserjet 2100 printer controlled and a Windows XP PC.
    > >
    > > When i want to print 8 pages at one time it stops printing at about page
    > 5.
    > > 2 papers are jammed. The documents are just plain text.
    > >
    > > I tried to clear the nvram by pressing the button "job cancel" at
    startup
    > > but that didn't help.
    > >
    > > What can i do ?
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    James,

    U are absolutely right.

    Number of printed pages are: 42231

    Code Page
    50013 42201
    50013 42103
    50013 42085
    50013 42078
    50013 41783
    50013 41770
    50013 41719
    50013 41585
    50013 41352
    50013 41344

    I'm from belgium.

    > "James" <nomail@microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
    > > hi Steven,
    > >
    > > turn printer off and back on.
    > > print a configuration page by pressing and holding the little button and
    > > then fast pressing the big button once.
    > > release both buttons now and wait for the self test page to print.
    > > look for the page count, how many pages ?
    > > look at the status log, i guess there are only code 50013 errors...
    > > am i right ?
    > >
    > > where are you located ?
    > >

    > > "Steven" <geen> schreef in bericht
    > > > hi,
    > > >
    > > > I have a HP Laserjet 2100 printer controlled and a Windows XP PC.
    > > >
    > > > When i want to print 8 pages at one time it stops printing at about
    page
    > > 5.
    > > > 2 papers are jammed. The documents are just plain text.
    > > >
    > > > I tried to clear the nvram by pressing the button "job cancel" at
    > startup
    > > > but that didn't help.
    > > >
    > > > What can i do ?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks.
    > > >

    > James,
    >
    > U are absolutely right.
    >
    > Number of printed pages are: 42231
    >
    > Code Page
    > 50013 42201
    > 50013 42103
    > 50013 42085
    > 50013 42078
    > 50013 41783
    > 50013 41770
    > 50013 41719
    > 50013 41585
    > 50013 41352
    > 50013 41344
    >
    > I'm from belgium.

    i am from Belgium too, that's why i was asking.
    i did spend a lot of time (days) on that weird problem.
    for me it's a design error related to the logic board and input sensor.
    i did some modification to a new sensor flag but the problem is still there,
    though far less frequently.

    hi!

    im from germany and i have the same problem (with 8 hp 2100).
    i have replaced the input sensor (rb2-2842-000cn) and the spring
    (rb2-2843-000cn) -> instruction hp support.

    a other supporter: "the print-volume is to high".

    but my customer prints less than 15000 pages per month (2000-3000).

    in the next call a hp supporter means "to often code 50013 - e52 is
    comming soon" (scanner error)

    i think it´s only a problem on the paper-way.

    i still have the problem. any idea?

Hewlett Packard Laserjet Printers Computers