Windows 95/97 programs in XP

Hi !

I've recently updated computers. I loaded some software (eg Publisher 97)
from my old system to the new XP machine. I've right-clicked and gone to
Properties - Compatibility and changed the compatibility mode, but I'm still
having problems (eg go to print a document and the program shuts down).

Anyone else had a similar experience? Any solutions?

Thanks!

Jason
1 answer Last reply
More about windows programs

    Jason, did you try it without Compatibility mode enabled? Try
    Uninstalling Publisher and then restart, reinstall.

    "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi !
    >
    > I've recently updated computers. I loaded some software (eg Publisher 97)
    > from my old system to the new XP machine. I've right-clicked and gone to
    > Properties - Compatibility and changed the compatibility mode, but I'm
    > still
    > having problems (eg go to print a document and the program shuts down).
    >
    > Anyone else had a similar experience? Any solutions?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Jason

Windows XP Windows 95 Compatibility