Old Software crashing

Hi !

I recently bought a new computer. I loaded software from my old computer
(Windows 98). This old software crashes most times. I went into Properties
- Compatibility of the software and changed the settings there but not joy.
For example, I try using Publisher 97. I can create a document, but whenever
I print the program crashes. I still get the print-out, but it's annoying
that it crashes!

Anyone had a similar problem? Any solutions?

Thanks!

Jason
1 answer Last reply
More about software crashing

    Hi Jason,

    An update or patch from the software maker is likely to be the only solution
    to an issue of this nature.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi !
    >
    > I recently bought a new computer. I loaded software from my old computer
    > (Windows 98). This old software crashes most times. I went into
    > Properties
    > - Compatibility of the software and changed the settings there but not
    > joy.
    > For example, I try using Publisher 97. I can create a document, but
    > whenever
    > I print the program crashes. I still get the print-out, but it's annoying
    > that it crashes!
    >
    > Anyone had a similar problem? Any solutions?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Jason

Computers Microsoft Software Windows XP