Howard

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001

Here's the problem:

I had 3 years worth of jpg's on a CD. It had been created on my old
computer, Windows ME.

My new computer has XP. I just inserted the CD to view some pics and it is
BlanK! I tried it on my wife's laptop and neighbors W98 with no better
luck.

When I attempt to create a folder for it is when I get the 'file system
error 16389' message.

Where do I go from here? I've looked all over and maybe someone trolling
these sites will have an answer.

Many thanks in advance for your attention:

hd in fla

Try control-panel,administration,open event viewer for details when error
16389 showed,click on the url,this opens help/support in xp,usually with a
fix
or answer.

"howard" wrote:

> Here's the problem:
>
> I had 3 years worth of jpg's on a CD. It had been created on my old
> computer, Windows ME.
>
> My new computer has XP. I just inserted the CD to view some pics and it is
> BlanK! I tried it on my wife's laptop and neighbors W98 with no better
> luck.
>
> When I attempt to create a folder for it is when I get the 'file system
> error 16389' message.
>
> Where do I go from here? I've looked all over and maybe someone trolling
> these sites will have an answer.
>
> Many thanks in advance for your attention:
>
> hd in fla

hi,
wondered if any1 can help iv got a dvd disc with a game on that works perfectly well on the
other 2 pc's in my house but as soon as i stook it in this pc it reconised there was a disc in
my drive but said it was blank, so tryed it again in the other pcs and it worked iv had no problems
with my other discs can any1 help me? im not very good on pc's still learnin.
many thanks kira x