My wife and I have seperate windows accounts,we both have administrator
accounts but she does not get emails sent to our shared account. How do I set
it up so that she also gets my/our emails

Gordon

grott wrote:
|| My wife and I have seperate windows accounts,we both have
|| administrator accounts but she does not get emails sent to our
|| shared account. How do I set it up so that she also gets my/our
|| emails

What Email client are you using?

--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

I am using outlook express

"Gordon" wrote:

> grott wrote:
> || My wife and I have seperate windows accounts,we both have
> || administrator accounts but she does not get emails sent to our
> || shared account. How do I set it up so that she also gets my/our
> || emails
>
> What Email client are you using?
>
> --
> Gordon Burgess-Parker
> Interim Systems and Management Accounting
> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Hi grott,

It's easy enough to set up, but carries with it a danger.

Log on as any user, open Outlook Express. Click tools/options/maintenance
tab, click on the store folder button. Move it to a shared location
accessible by all users (right now it is under their local profile). "Ok"
your way out and close Outlook Express. Logoff and repeat the steps for each
user, this time selecting the location selected/created by the first user.

*IMPORTANT* Do NOT use fast user switching with Outlook Express left open.
You (and all other users) MUST remember to close it before switching. If any
user fails to do this, the mail store may be corrupted beyond repair, and
all saved messages will be lost.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"grott" <grott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using outlook express

>> What Email client are you using?
>>
>> --
>> Gordon Burgess-Parker
>> Interim Systems and Management Accounting
>> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

sf

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 03:34:02 -0700, grott wrote:

> My wife and I have seperate windows accounts,we both have administrator
> accounts but she does not get emails sent to our shared account. How do I set
> it up so that she also gets my/our emails

Are you leaving email on your server so her email client can download
it? Double check before you answer. :)

In both Accounts:

OE Tools > Accounts > Mail > [mail account] > Properties > Advanced >
Delivery > Leave a copy of message on server (check)

In one Account:

OE Tools > Accounts > Mail > [mail account] > Properties > Advanced >
Delivery > Remove from server... (choose accordingly, both options).
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

Inside Outlook Express
http://www.insideoe.com

grott wrote:
> I am using outlook express

>> What Email client are you using?
>>
>> --
>> Gordon Burgess-Parker
>> Interim Systems and Management Accounting
>> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Ahh, I like that method.....
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> In both Accounts:
>
> OE Tools > Accounts > Mail > [mail account] > Properties > Advanced >
> Delivery > Leave a copy of message on server (check)
>
> In one Account:
>
> OE Tools > Accounts > Mail > [mail account] > Properties > Advanced >
> Delivery > Remove from server... (choose accordingly, both options).
> --
> OE6-specific newsgroup:

> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
>
> Inside Outlook Express
> http://www.insideoe.com
>
> grott wrote:
> > I am using outlook express

> >> What Email client are you using?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gordon Burgess-Parker
> >> Interim Systems and Management Accounting
> >> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Is far safer than mine as well, only problem is that there is still a
possibility that one account will not see the message if it is not used for
the specified deletion time. Plus, it also creates two separate email stores
(which isn't really a problem).

--

> Ahh, I like that method.....
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/conduct/default.mspx

>> In both Accounts:
>>
>> OE Tools > Accounts > Mail > [mail account] > Properties > Advanced >
>> Delivery > Leave a copy of message on server (check)
>>
>> In one Account:
>>
>> OE Tools > Accounts > Mail > [mail account] > Properties > Advanced >
>> Delivery > Remove from server... (choose accordingly, both options).
>> --
>> OE6-specific newsgroup:

>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
>>
>> Inside Outlook Express
>> http://www.insideoe.com
>>
>> grott wrote:
>> > I am using outlook express

Yep. Two separate stores should not be a problem with the size of recent hard
drives (even my old one!). The deletion time would have to be played with depending
on how often the accounts were accessed by each user, but that should take too much
work.
I am wondering if sharing the mail store as you described, with fast user switching
enabled, could even be safely implemented in a future version of OE (thinking
Longhorn) without closing OE before switching. Something for the wish list, I
suppose, but I'd rather the OE team fix some other long-standing bugs before they
create new ones. ;-)
--

> Is far safer than mine as well, only problem is that there is still a
> possibility that one account will not see the message if it is not used for
> the specified deletion time. Plus, it also creates two separate email stores
> (which isn't really a problem).
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> > Ahh, I like that method.....
> > --
> > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities/conduct/default.mspx
> >
> > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> In both Accounts:
> >>
> >> OE Tools > Accounts > Mail > [mail account] > Properties > Advanced >
> >> Delivery > Leave a copy of message on server (check)
> >>
> >> In one Account:
> >>
> >> OE Tools > Accounts > Mail > [mail account] > Properties > Advanced >
> >> Delivery > Remove from server... (choose accordingly, both options).
> >> --
> >> OE6-specific newsgroup:

> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> >>
> >> Inside Outlook Express
> >> http://www.insideoe.com

The mail store (cf. identities &
http://www.insideoe.com/files/store.htm#storemain) as we know it will not be
present in LH.
--
~PA Bear

glee wrote:
> Yep. Two separate stores should not be a problem with the size of recent
> hard drives (even my old one!). The deletion time would have to be played
> with depending on how often the accounts were accessed by each user, but
> that should take too much work.
> I am wondering if sharing the mail store as you described, with fast user
> switching enabled, could even be safely implemented in a future version of
> OE (thinking Longhorn) without closing OE before switching. Something for
> the wish list, I suppose, but I'd rather the OE team fix some other
> long-standing bugs before they create new ones. ;-)

>> Is far safer than mine as well, only problem is that there is still a
>> possibility that one account will not see the message if it is not used
>> for
>> the specified deletion time. Plus, it also creates two separate email
>> stores (which isn't really a problem).
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in message
>>> Ahh, I like that method.....
>>> --
>>> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
>>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/conduct/default.mspx
>>>
>>> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message

OP said nothing about wanting to use a common store, so...

--
~PAÞ
www.youwantnutsonyersundae/ordernutsonyersundae.mvp